9.2.16

The Splendid Sampler Quilt Along




A few months ago I was invited by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson to take part in their sampler project. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I of course said yes!

The Splendid Sampler is a year long quilt along that begins on the  February 14th. Over 80 designers have created a quilt block to share and each week, two 6″ block tutorials will be posted on the Splendid Sampler website.   

All the information you need, including links to the Facebook group can be found on the Splendid Sampler website.  There are over 10,000 quilters signed up to the Facebook group alone!

As a 'designer' (and I use that term very loosely when referring to myself!) I have been lucky enough to have seen a few of the block designs for the sampler and they are stunning!  It is going to be one gorgeous quilt when finished.

I am planning to join in and have pulled some solids from my stash to use.  I am still debating the background but will probably go for white or grey.....



I am hoping to blog about my progress as I go, as well as over-posting it all on Instagram (@Jeliquilts if you want to follow).

2 comments:

  1. oooh look forward to seeing your block - wonder if it will have paper pieced flying geese 😊😂

    ReplyDelete