16.5.15

Bloggers quilt festival - Spring 2015

spring 2015 BQF Button 


I love participating in the Bloggers quilt festival, so I have dusted off my blog writing skills and am entering my Tissue Box quilt in the Mini category.



This mini was inspired by a design on a box of tissues I picked up in my local Supermarket.  I have a real thing about bright geometric designs at the minute, I like the challenge of trying to work out how to piece it.


I like to make life easy for myself and wanted to piece the block with as few pieces and weird angles as possible and this is what I came up with...


I split the block down into 10 foundation paper pieced blocks and out came my Trust Kona card for the fabric selections.  That little 15" block contains 35 different colours!

IG overgramming mosaic!


The mini was originally being made for a swap I was participating in, but I just couldn't part company with it. 
 
Quilt stats:
Design:My own
Fabrics: Kona solids
Binding & Backing:Kona Charcoal and Alison Glass Sunprint
Quilting:Straight lines using walking foot.
Thread:  Pieced and quilted with #Aurifil thread in medium grey (50wt #2605)
Size: 20" square

I am now off to check out all the pretties in the festival.  Thanks for visiting!






28 comments:

  1. I can totally see why you couldn't part with this sparkling little gem! Very cool to see the process. It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful piece, I am glad you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful little piece. I love how you can find inspiration everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little quilt since you posted it the first time! Good luck!
    Greetings from Germany, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab mini, the colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a beautiful miniquilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and GREAT modern quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this mini! You are so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mini, no wonder you hung on to it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mini, no wonder you hung on to it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a happy quilt - it make me smile to look at the glittering colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Quilt!
    I follow you on Instagram- and recognized you at once by the toes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous quilt! And of course I am totally in love with the version you made for me! :) Good luck in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful quilt - I can certainly see why you didn't want to part with it. I follow you on Instagram and as soon as I saw this quilt amongst the 20 already entered in this category, I just knew it would be yours. I love how you use colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I see this quilt it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly that is amazing piecing! I love all though vibrant colors and you combined the perfect fabrics! Have a great time at the BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! Love where your inspiration came from.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man - you are a colour genius - love how you see a little bit of colour and go off and make awesome designs !! love this mini !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool. You should sell the pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, this is so striking -- I love all the bright, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This just doesn't get old. I love it every time I see it and I'm really enjoying seeing what others are doing with your pattern as well. So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful! When we say mini the name is deceptive - sometimes there can be more work involved than in a full sized quilt. Good luck in the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah for paper piecing! LOVE this- so I voted for you! :) Hope you win!
    #ihatepaperpiecing

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your rainbow quilt:) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's stunning! What a fun way to turn that tissue box into an amazing quilt. I love that you shared your design process in creating this lovely. I was sketching up something kind-of geometric like this the other day and wondered if it would really translate into a quilt well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! You find the best inspiration and create something amazing! Love the colours and the straight line quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your work really stands out from all the thumbnails on the Bloggers Quilt Festival website. It is stunning!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete