20.1.14

Twofer!

My first finish(es) of 2014 are for my friend's beautiful twin boys who were born just a tad too early, but are well on their way to getting home with Mum and Dad.  I'm hoping they get to snuggle under these soon...


Simple, colourful baby quilts - easy to make and easy on the eye! ;-)


For the quilting I used Aurifil threads in light blue (#5006) and green (#4093) and the wavy line design to create a bit of texture in the negative space.

 I am totally in love with Kona Breakers - there could be a lap sized version of this quilt coming to my house.

I wanted a lighter binding to frame the quilts and my never ending supply of Architextures did the job perfectly.  No prizes for guessing the backing....


Not a bad start to 2014...


Quilt stats:
Pattern - my own using EQ7
Feature Fabrics - various prints from stash in shades of green and blue
Skinny borders (both quilts) -  Robert Kaufman Kona solids in Sliver
Fat borders -  Robert Kaufman Kona solids in Breakers (blue quilt) and Blue grass (green quilt)
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Ikea Britten Nummers
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil thread - Light blue (40wt 5006); Green (50 wt 4093)
Size - Approx 40" x 46"



13.1.14

Just like buses!

Babies are due to drop any minute and I needed a ton of quilts ready, well okay 3!  I pulled my finger out and made two this weekend and if you follow me on Instgram (@jeliquilts) you will already be aware of this, because I posted almost hourly updates! ;-)   

If you don't IG, this is how I spent the last two days...

Picking out fabrics...

sewing a little patchwork...

Adding some giant borders...


Basting...(My poor, poor knees!)

The third quilt is a WIP from last year

and finally quilting, I wiggled and wiggled...


I have three quilts all ready for binding now, *sigh*- I need a binding fairy!

6.1.14

Easing in to 2014

Santa turned up a little late this year with my present, but I can't complain to much as it was my fault for not making my mind up in time.  When he did turn up though, he brought me a shiny new iPad mini and so I *needed* a new pouch for it.

Taking a fancy to this pattern on Etsy, I had a little rummage around in the fabric cupboard and came up with this...


Essex dyed linen in Denim, a left over strip of Sun Print Feathers and a random FQ that I got in my goodie bag at the FQR last year.


The pattern called for velcro closings, which I loathe sewing, so I added an elastic tie and a toggle button instead.


An hour and a bit later and I had cute little pouch that not only fits my Ipad but also has room for my Kindle - Happy Days!