25.10.14

Mustang plus quilt - {Bloggers quilt festival entry 2}

'I love a plus quilt' could possibly be the understatement of the year for me, but I do!  So when it came to deciding what I was going to do with the huge pile of Cotton + Steel fabrics I had accumulated, it was a no brainer really.

I downloaded all the fabrics from the Cotton + Steel site in to my EQ7 and made myself a little plan (which I then ignored!).  I did all the boring cutting etc at the 'tendo guild, mainly so I could make Pennie and Amy help me lay it all out ;-).
I overgrammed my progress on IG

I quilted wonky wavy lines because a. I'm a lazy quilter and b. they look really good on a plus quilt.  Aurifil grey (#2605) was my thread of choice as it blends in perfectly with all the colours. I backed and bound the quilt with the last of my stash of Architextures crosshatch in black, the perfect choice to balance out all the colours imo.
It is a little bit on the large size for a lap quilt although I suppose it's coming up to winter and you could wrap yourself up like a sausage in it! ;-)


Quilt stats:
Design: it's a plus quilt, not rocket science ;-)
Fabrics: Mix of Melody Miller Mustang fabrics and Cotton + Steel basics
Binding & Backing: Architextures crosshatch in  black
Quilting:Wonky wavy lines using the walking foot.
Thread:  Pieced and quilted with #Aurifil thread in medium grey (50wt #2605)
Size: Approx.67" x 81"

This is my second quilt entry for the Bloggers quilt festival and I am entering it in to the large quilt category.  Thanks to visitors new and old for visiting my blog, I am off to have a look at the beautiful quilts that have been linked up.


AmysCreativeSide.com

18 comments:

  1. Totally delicious (send it to me please ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking this! Perfect use of those cotton+steel prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the colourful prints in this and I really like the slightly wavy quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still love this. Still thinking of copying you shamelessly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats a sausage quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful quilt! And I'm not usually a fan of that design but love the colour/fabrics etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good plus sign quilt, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I've made one plus quilt but must make more! Your c+s version is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A combination of a plus quilt and C+S...my two favourite things! Congratulations on a beautiful quilt...and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I have always wanted to make a plus quilt....have some c+s on hand. I feel an idea brewing here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'M SO BUMMED I DIDN'T GET ANY COTTON+STEEL AT SPREE!!! AAAhh the wait. This line makes up a fabulous plus quilt. Nicely chosen. I love your blog, fresh, clean stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful I really want to make one of these.

    You make resisting the cotton and steel fabric almost impossible! Need to remember my budget

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok so how did I miss this? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I am also a Plus quilt fan!

    ReplyDelete