16.7.14

'Lucky' - Irish chain quilt

Today I am featuring over on The Daily stitch blog with my latest quilt tutorial for my Irish chain quilt.....
Love those frogs!
Every few months Annie sends me a beautiful bundle of fabrics, so I can make her a quilt for the shop window.  This months themes was beautiful greens and blues and I decided that an Irish chain design was the way to go.



I backed the quilt with Architextures crosshatch in grey and used the wonky wavy quilting design with Aurifil 50wt (#2021). It blended perfectly with both the Kona snow and the prints and gave the quilt a lovely texture.

Never work with kids or animals! ;-)
If you fancy making your own version, head over to The Daily Stitch for the tutorial.

Quilt stats:
Design:Well I designed the layout in EQ7 but it's not particularly original ;-)
Fabrics:Designer FQ bundle from The Village Haberdashery; Kona cotton in Bleached white.
Binding & Backing: Architextures crosshatch in grey.
Quilting:Wonky wavy lines using the walking foot.
Thread:  Pieced and quilted with #Aurifil thread in off white (40wt & 50wt #2021)
Size: Approx. 56" x 67"


5 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful! The quilting creates such a wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that pretty! The Irish chain was one of the first quilts I made ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so pretty and peaceful. I love your wavy quilting lines.

    ReplyDelete