10.3.14

Sun Print quilt

Over half term in Feb, the kidlet and I made our usual trip up to see the Parentals and In-laws for the week.  I had deprived them of seeing him for nearly seven weeks and so they were desperate to babysit and I got to sew.  Win-win!!

46 prints from all of the Sun Print collections

I swapped between projects all week, but my favourite start was my Alison Glass  Sun print quilt.  I have been collecting the prints for this for the last 6 months as I wanted a quilt with all of them in (well all except the white on white ones - they went into my low volume stash).

Since I was at the In-laws, I bought the Sissix Isosceles triangle die and nicked my MIL's Big shot.  The two big lessons I learnt were: 1. triangles cut this way waste a lot of fabric 2. 4.5" triangles take a fuffing age to lay out!



Still it was worth it!  I even did a skill swap with Charlotte on our retreat, where I quilted her scrappy trip-along while she sewed half my triangles for me.



I am just waiting for the border and backing fabric to arrive from Annie and I can get on and finish it.  This quilt is definitely for me, me, me!

312 triangles do not make a very big quilt!!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, and I think the skills swap was a genius idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a great finish, and I agree, skills swap is an excellent way to go, I wonder if anyone will do this with me at our MQG...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! So colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! The skills swap sounds like a great idea...I wonder what skills I can swap, apart from sleeping?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeousness! Love the sound of the skills swap - I'm great at gossiping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful quilt! And sounds like the perfect skill swap...maybe I need to deprive my folks of children in exchange for some sewing time.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so clever. fancy making all my quilts for me and I'll make you cake?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is a beautiful collection of colors. So what will you do with all your scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. *half* your triangles? Ummm...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got to love a tringles quilt - it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the colours in this quilt. I have been trying to work out how Sizzix's Isosceles die can make equilateral triangles as they must be in order to make regular hexagons. It has been messing with my brain so I shall forget about the maths and just admire this lovely quilt. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is looking great. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the borders and quilting done.

    ReplyDelete