9.3.14

LPQ issue 6

If absence makes the heart grow fonder, then I am pretty sure that you all are very fond of me at this moment in time ;-).  Whilst I haven't been blogging lately, I have been sewing up a storm and finally one of the fruits of my labour came out in print last week.


Image - Love Patchwork and quilting

Last December I was contacted by the lovely Jenny, Editor for Love Patchwork and quilting magazine, and asked if I could design a circle of geese cushion.  If you have been reading this blog long enough, you will probably know how much I love a geese block (especially the original Circle of geese).   My need for more geese in the circle and my pet hate with anything involving piecing curves, lead to the above design.  Although my first few attempts at getting them in a circle was laughable, until my hubby pointed out the little thing called geometry to me!

Image - Love patchwork and quilting
If you haven't checked out LPQ mag yet you definitely should.  All the issues have been packed full of great designs and issue 6 is worth buying just for Jo Bearpaw's Cathedral window quilt.

and just in case you were wondering what it would look like in solids and linen.....


12 comments:

  1. You are bound to be in print again and again. Go you! Always love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo great to see some Kelly rainbows in print! Love your geese pattern - going to get LPQ 6 on Tuesday (and hopefully will bump into someone I know in the newsagent's so I can pretend to be vicariously famous by knowing a published artist!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous, I love it! I need to have a look for a copy this week, it's the last one before my subscription kicks in, and i don't have to go trawling round the local magazine emporiums!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Kelly - yay for you and your geese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! The pillow is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I still have my flying geese pouch from the mouthy stitches swap and is in use daily, although it could do with a good wash. It actually has a soot mark on it from the underground kitchen from the tunnels in Vietnam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so good! Many congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. show us the headshot, woman! You know you want to!

    ReplyDelete