4.2.14

Keeping it real!

As first time parents I don't think you can ever really get what it is going to be like, so to prepare my SIL, I made her this quilt...


Before Christmas I was over at The Village Haberdashery and happened to spot the above bolts of Kona sitting next to each other in the 'Kona Annex'.  They were screaming strip quilt at me and so a skinny quarter of each found their way into my already bulging basket.

I appliqued the words with a blanket stitch and then quilted with wonky waves using #Aurifil thread in variegated greys (#4670 50wt).


Another easy quilt finished and ready for the Princess to lay her head on.

Quilt stats:
Design: Err it's a strip quilt, not rocket science really ;-)
Fabrics: Kona solids in Peapod, Kiwi, Fern, Emerald, Aqua, Windsor and Wisteria.
Letters and Binding: Architextures crosshatch in grey
Quilting: Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil variegated thread in grey (#4670)
Backing: Ikea Britten Nummer (what else!)
Size: 40" x 50" approx

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful, and how fortuitous that the fabrics were next to each other ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Much more realistic than the original :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - although it does seem t be the story of my life at the moment......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean it's just a strip quilt, didn't you work to a pattern?? ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! But I think I'm on IG too much. I tried to tap this post to 'like' it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She wil be like the princess and the pea with all these quilts, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to get me some if that Ikea fabric. Very sweet quilt. I'm thinking the poop will happen more than they realize--hopefully not on your beautiful quilt : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your version! So true! Babies don't really "play"....this is a little more accurate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa!! Love it :-) fab font ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius quilt wording - somehow the meaning seems less tiresome on the rainbow background :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, you have no idea what it is like but that quilt sums it up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect quilt to give your sil a little heads up! I think every baby need to come with this warning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha ain't that the truth?! Great baby quilt, love the colors and quilting ou chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! Wonderful colours and the words just makes you laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that quilt! Very true words being spoken! ;)

    ReplyDelete