20.1.14

Twofer!

My first finish(es) of 2014 are for my friend's beautiful twin boys who were born just a tad too early, but are well on their way to getting home with Mum and Dad.  I'm hoping they get to snuggle under these soon...


Simple, colourful baby quilts - easy to make and easy on the eye! ;-)


For the quilting I used Aurifil threads in light blue (#5006) and green (#4093) and the wavy line design to create a bit of texture in the negative space.

 I am totally in love with Kona Breakers - there could be a lap sized version of this quilt coming to my house.

I wanted a lighter binding to frame the quilts and my never ending supply of Architextures did the job perfectly.  No prizes for guessing the backing....


Not a bad start to 2014...


Quilt stats:
Pattern - my own using EQ7
Feature Fabrics - various prints from stash in shades of green and blue
Skinny borders (both quilts) -  Robert Kaufman Kona solids in Sliver
Fat borders -  Robert Kaufman Kona solids in Breakers (blue quilt) and Blue grass (green quilt)
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Ikea Britten Nummers
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil thread - Light blue (40wt 5006); Green (50 wt 4093)
Size - Approx 40" x 46"



27 comments:

  1. Those two are so cute! Hope the babies love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simple and perfect! I love the colours you chose. The quilting also works so nicely. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the fences in Croydon. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are well cute! For the a moment I thought there were 2 more Jelis on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are both beautiful! love the wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love these! Hope the babies are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how much I love these quilts. I'd love to do something like this. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're stunning! I hope the babies get home soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colours, hope the babies continue to do well and are home soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours - those babies are going to enjoy checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes - perfect! Twins though, who have those!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these quilts. They are perfect for twins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved watching you make these on IG. So lovely and what lucky twins. Hope they are home and using their quilts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these so much. They are simple and timeless but still have a lot for the eye to take in. Perfect for twin boys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are perfect! Hope the twins are using them at home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these. Lovely colours and a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love them too, wonderful baby quilts !

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look great. I just discovered Kona Breakers myself and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are just fab. You're so clever x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful simple quilts. I hope the boys get to use them soon!

    ReplyDelete