Space dust - the finish!

This quilt has been a long time in the making, you can see the previous posts here, here, here and here.  My relationship with this quilt was hot and cold all the way through, with my biggest stall being how to quilt it.  So it stayed in the cupboard for 6 months before I finally made the decision to give it to Trudi to quilt.  Best Decision ever!!!

Trudi managed to nail the quilting with very little direction from me.  I knew what I wanted, be couldn't seem to explain it very well.  It was custom quilted with #Aurifil in grey, which has made those very flat solids pop out of the quilt.

Although tempted to use the Ikea numbers (I need a 12 step program!), I actually pieced a backing from stash using  Kona Ash and a print fabric that I got from Annie and have no clue what line it is from!!

For the binding I stuck with my seemingly never ending supply of Architextures Crosshatch in grey, so that it blended with the background fabric.

So I now have my very own Space dust quilt to cuddle under this winter, it has ousted all previously made quilts from my affections ;-)

Quilt stats:
Pattern - Space dust by Tula pink (templates size was reduced to 75%)
Fabrics - Mixture of Klona and Robert Kaufman Kona solids with Wordplay 13 for the background.
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Robert Kaufman Kona in Ash and text fabric (which I cannot remember the name of!)
Quilting -Custom Quilting by Trudi Wood with #Aurifil in grey
Size - Approx 60" square


How low can you go?

Well I used to be fairly flexible, but this is as low as I get these days...

Shocker - who knew I had a LV quilt in me! ;-)  This cute little lap quilt is another one for the new baby niece/phew, whose Mother (my SIL) likes all things bland neutral.  I used my 10" squares from the LV swap and mixed in some not quite low volume fabrics from stash.  I used #Aurifil  (2026) to piecing and quilting the wonky wavy lines.

I couldn't resist adding a little something bright on the back though..

Oh yes, business in the front and PARTY in the back!  Every baby needs a little Melody Miller glitter in their life, right?!

I finished it off with a little Architextures binding and this was one quilt made entirely of stash - result!

Quilt stats:
Fabrics - Various prints from LV swap and stash
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Rotary patchwork (Ruby Star Spring) Melody Miller
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil 50wt in grey (2026)
Size - Approx 54" x 67"


Being 10!

My gorgeous niece just turned 10 which apparently means that she now only communicates in grunts, can barely lift her head from whatever gadget she happen to be playing on and walks at least 5 paces away from the adults at all times.

It also meant getting her own bedroom away from those pesky little sister's and needed a  new quilt for her new bed - this is where I came in!

I had a little rummage and came up with a non-rainbow theme ( which meant rainbow minus the red and orange) and made a(nother) plus quilt!

Wavy line quilting using #Aurifil (50 wt 2600 - light grey) for a bit of texture ...

 and backed with Robert Kaufman Spot on wide in Aqua (extra wide fabric - how I love thee!)
Look - no Ikea numbers fabric!!

Luckily she loved it when I handed it over on Saturday.  Who knew that the tweenager could actually smile! ;-)

Quilt stats:
Pattern - designed in EQ7 with 4" finished blocks (15*18 rows)
Fabrics - Various prints from stash
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Spot on wide in Aqua (Robert Kaufman)
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil 50wt in grey (2600)
Size - Approx 60" x 72"