18.6.13

FQR swaps - coasters

There hasn't been much sewing going on around the Jeli household of late but I thought I had better make a start on my swaps for the retreat.  I chose to make coaster sets and have been messing around on EQ7 for designs and have come up with the following....




They all finish at 5" square and are paper pieced.  I completed the blocks for the top one this afternoon using some rainbow scraps (what else!!), mixed with a bit of grey Architextures and some beloved Yarn dyed linen  in Black.


And just in case anyone fancies making some for themselves, below is a link to download the 5" templates from Google docs.  I am still working on getting them embedded!!

24 comments:

  1. rainbows? flying geese? How out of character ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is some teeny piecing! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! i'm a big fan of rainbows + black

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at Charlotte's comment - that's exactly what I thought, straight after I thought 'I love them', of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you flipped Charlotte the v's, she deserves it for that cheeky comment! ;o). These look fab, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style!!! Whoever gets these will be very lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why the 'f' didn't I sign up for swaps this year bwahhhhh :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 'em - they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love your work, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luff them! Wish I'd signed up now (but would only be panicking at this point if I had!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. In awe of such teeny perfect piecing! Imagine you choosing rainbow colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so cute and small!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would just love to have a go at these - the perfect small gift for those occasions when no gift is expected or needed but something would be nice to give. I love your rainbow scraps - they are what attracted me to your blog in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your designs! I just got EQ7 for my birthday and I hope I can learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous. I would love to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, and so not at all you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to see you trying something different ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely coasters Kelly! I am sad that I won't be in your swap group as I am doing mug rugs :( booooooo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for these templates - they will definitely be used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just lovely. So cute. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete