4.6.13

A FAL finish! - Boutique duffle

It has only taken me 8 months from cutting the fabric to putting this duffle together, but it is finally finished.  I can now tick two WIPS off that FAL list!

The pattern is the Boutique duffle from StudioCherie and   I used a  bundle of Echino fabrics which I bought from from the Eternal Maker stand at the Festival of Quilts last year.  (Purple and bright pink - I was clearly channelling my teenage self that day!!).  The handles were made from Jute webbing (I got mine from an Etsy seller) and some Summersville.


I didn't bother with a front pocket as I never use one on the bags.  I also skipped the pleats on the side pocket as I was low on sugar at that point and had a cba moment.


The pattern instructions were a little sparse for me (I am a visual learner), but it is a fairly easy bag to put together and the finished size is massive.  

I would say that is it for the bag making for me but I seem to be planning a Super tote!

28 comments:

  1. I love pink & purple so this bag was always going to be a hit with me! I hope you didn't have any zip traumas with this one. Looks gorgous - hope it comes along to the next LMQG x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Great choice for the handles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many new bags will you rockin at fat quarterly retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! i like the b/w handles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks just perfect for a weekend away! I'm very impressed and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out wonderfully! I love the pink and purple echino! I was able to finish mine last month and I loved using it! Now you need to plan a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh fab! Is it weird that my favourite part is the handles? Love that webbing with the Summersville!

    ReplyDelete
  8. who needs pleated pockets anyway? it would only take away from your gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is Charlotte snorting? If it's snorting in a good way may I add my snort in too ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! This looks almost like something I am capable of!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea. I need a bag for the gym a bit like this. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's amazing - love big bags - don't do small in any area of my life :) I was going to add a wink and then I thought that might be suggesting something. Oh I'm digging a hole now. Anyway, I love your big roomy duffle - gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just out of interest, do you only ever use a bag once?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fabulous!! Great fabric choices as always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! I am a visual learner too so thanks for letting me know about the lack of pics, that would really annoy me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks terrific, great make, and i love the colours! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous bag - love the Echino fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant fabrics . I'm with Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy fabrics, you had best keep a tight grip on this bag, or people will be stealing it for it's general lovliness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done! The bag is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Glad you made it. I hope you have many happy travels with your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it, esp the pink bikes, they are just fabby.

    ReplyDelete