7.5.13

The 'LOVE' quilt!

My SIL claims to be my number one fan when it comes to my sewing makes (the suck up!!) and all that flattery is generally how I get stuck with 'commissions' (I am using this word lightly as pennies never change hands) on my already huge to-do list.

The latest demand request is for a quilt to gift as a wedding present for one of her close friends.  I instantly thought of  Tula Pink's LOVE quilt pattern as the perfect wedding quilt.  Now for anyone who has read this blog long enough, you will know that my SIL and my taste in colours/fabric differs a lot (think night & day different!), but we did manage to agree on fabrics after a few hours of  arguing. 

 These are all from my Pink Castle fabric stash bundles and I have no idea what most of them are, well except the Kona Ash and Coal ;-)

 I spent a hour sewing up the "LOVE" part of the quilt this morning.


A little subdued for me, but I like it!

26 comments:

  1. You have some Simply Color there - the purple leaves and I see some yellow and navy Joel Dewberry too - fantastic combo! I didn't love it when I saw the bundle, but the block just sings to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Really gorgeous. I hope if no money changes hands you at least get fabric bought for you to replace your missing stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I think I have this pattern from when Tula visited LMQG. I especially like that nice aubergine colour you have going on in the V. Get some cash for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. couple of bits of chicopee (small teal squares and yellow leaves) and some Thomas Knauer frippery (the pink bit). You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it - my brother got engaged yesterday (hoo'flipping'ray) and plans to marry this year so I'm already thinking about a suitable wedding gift, I shall nick this idea for my list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab, it's always tough managing someone elses expectations, especially when they're so different to your own, a great compromise! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more of it. I'm just starting to quilt a low volume version I made ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love it!! The colours work really well, excellent choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to look fantastic, Kelly! I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been one of the best interpretations of the "LOVE' piece I have seen - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a sweet sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fantastic :-) I am going to attempt this pattern soon too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOVE it!! Right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you're getting fabric pennies! Cute fabric pull.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely!! I hope she's going to pay you in fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice, very quiet for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will teach your sil to love colour yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love it. What a GREAT idea. My nephew is getting married in the States and my son and ddil are going so think I'm going to make this as I have the pattern and send it. Thanks for the idea. And it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo I like it! How big is what you've sewn so far?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving it! Sometimes it's nice to be pushed outside of our usual choices, it makes us try things we wouldn't do on our own.

    ReplyDelete