14.5.13

Le Challenge - Wings (Aeroplane bag)

I just missed out on entering last month Le Challenge, this month I was determined to be finished in time.  As soon as I saw the theme 'Wings', I commented on whether my Aeroplane bag would count on the Le Challenge blog and Nat confirmed that it would - woo hoo I had a plan!
Le Challenge

and here it is...

I used Melody Miller Sparkles mixed with some Essex yarn dyed linen in black for the exterior ( no surprises there then!).



I used a Comma bar code print for the lining.


I really love this pattern, my only regrets are not using a stiffer interfacing on the top half as my bag is a little floppy for my liking.  The zipper was also a bit of a bugger, but as I can't talk about it without wanting to rip my hair out, the less said the better.

Not content with one bag, I had to make a couple of matchy matchy little extras using this pattern.  I made the telephones sling bag and then decided it was still too big, so reduced the pattern to 75% and tried again.  It is a great pattern with very clear instructions and is a very quick make.


The little bag is perfect for carrying my phone, keys, purse and passport.  So now I am ready to travel - not that I have any plans! 

Linking up with Le Challenge

28 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful set of bags, I really love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I keep wanting to give this a go but still have some lingering anti-bag feelings after making my weekender. One of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brava! beautiful trio of bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is gorgeous!!! The print is so perfect! You'll have to plan a trip to show it off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ol, we have to meet up and compare our Melody bags one day! Gorgeous Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was meant to be lol, not ol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag. I hope to tackle this pattern someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bags - all of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous! I think a nice trip is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! This is a superb bag. Now all you need to do is go to Quilt Con as an excuse to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice set of bags. I am sure it won't be so floppy when you have it on your shoulder. I particularly like the grey fabric on the bottom so any dirty marks won't show,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, lovely! The fabrics are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them! You now need to make travel plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! I made an aeroplane bag today, would you believe it. I am also bald because of the zip ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous collection there and perfect for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get you, all ready for a holiday, now you just need to drop one booked, somewhere sunny maybe?! Love the bag, and isn't it annoying when you find out afterwards you needed more interfacing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant fabric choices. You'll have to plan a trip just so you can use them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh lovely! No hols with the out-laws planned for this summer then?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous bag - love these fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great looking bag! Love the lining fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely set of bags. I'm hoping to give this pattern a go someday soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very, very, very cool! Love it totally and do you take commissions?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very you and so perfect!
    Is this luggage for the FQR?????
    xxxx
    p.s. the telephone fabric I won in your giveaway arrived here from Village Hab yesterday. It is beautiful. Thanks so much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fab entry! Love the bag! Thanks for linking up to le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE IT!!! The all set is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete