28.5.13

Me, me, me!!

Having spent the last few weeks moaning about never getting a chance to make things for me, I jumped at the chance to join Moira's genius bee 'the me me me bee'. 

The me me me bee

 Every week I am going to spend at least a few hours making something for me and ignoring the pile of WIPS/to do's that I seem to accumulate from my family and friends.

So my first project is going to be a bit of EPP.  I know, I know! I moaned A LOT after I completed my last EPP project, but the memory has dulled (rather like childbirth does/ is suppose too) and I am ready to try again ;-)

Browsing Pinterest I came across the Star flower/blossom block and instantly thought about a rainbow cushion.

So out came the scraps.....


and using my new Sewline glue pen, I basted the first star...

I used 1" hexagon, Large jewel shape and 2" 6 point diamond.

 Ready cut Paper pieces are on the way to me as I am far to lazy to cut all the shapes out myself.  I am pretty sure some of my fellow LMQG will be taking bets on how long it is before I give up in a huff over all the hand sewing! ;-)

24 comments:

  1. Moira is definitely some kind of genius - I love your first me me me project, however insane you are to be EPPing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, now that's just lovely. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The me me me bee. LOVE it! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in me me me too but am failing miserably so far due to FQR swap items etc. Love the EPP - look forward to your moaning about it being a pain at LMQG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing....... About now???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's way too pretty to stop now. You maybe have just a tiny bit more patience than me, but probably not much! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried EPP -- but what is this pen thing you speak of? Perhaps it will make it easier and push me to give EPP a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a glue pen! You keep your scraps in the same way I do

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cut all my own papers (yawn so boring) and long for a glue pen.....I've thread basted about 35 pieces tonight, sore fingers and takes ages! But it is cheap ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, and it is a genius idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be the 'little engine that will'! It truly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project just for you! Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great so far - EPP is always good to make for yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Love Love both your earlier hexi cushion and the choice of fabrics for your first block for this new project. The red really pops with those basics :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need a glue pen. What ingenious way to set appliqué pieces. Glad you are working on some projects for yourself. We never make enough stuff for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep at it - no pain, no gain xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's going to be beautiful. Love my Sewline glue pen - has revolutionised EPP prep for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have to keep going, it's too cute to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All that prettiness will keep you motivated... hopefully.
    It is going to be so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You baste them and I'll sew them. I love sewing epp together. It's relaxing. And I would get to stitch your amazing fabric combinations.

    ReplyDelete