16.5.13

Cushion overload

A spurt of activity yesterday afternoon and then this morning has meant that I have the 'commissioned' cushions all done and ready to post.  As these have been on my mental to-list for the last 3 months, it feels good to tick them off.


 I was going to quilt with a cross hatch pattern and then decided on wonky wavy at the last minute.  I use my walking foot, increase my stitch length to 3.5 and loosen the foot tension and then wiggle.

Close-up of the quilting
 For the backing I used some Spot on in Pond, which was as close to duck egg blue as I was getting.


Hidden zippers for the closures - I learnt this technique from Fiona's fab tute and always refer back to it.


I hope she likes them, but then again I am not making anymore so she will have too ;-)

29 comments:

  1. Wow these are great. Nothing dunelmy about them. Hope your friend loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOooooo these are very nice Kelly! And very Kelly-ish even if there is not a full rainbow in them. Love the wavy quilting - I must have a go on that while I am in FMQ mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great and the quilting is an excellent compliment to the design. I am sure they will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are perfect!! I really love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so quick! They are wonderful - love the colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, very lovely, I love a bit of wibbly line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona's tutorial is great, I always use it too. Gorgeous cushions and nice compromising ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how anyone could not LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic! Love the fact that you did one in all patchwork to make it a little different...also really like the quilting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, would look lovely on my sofa if your friend doesn't like them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great and the quilting is lovely! I am sorry, I am really ignorant - what do you mean by loosening your foot tension?

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so yummy and the quilting is super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these pillows! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wiggle it just a little bit...beautiful cushions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful - Love the end results :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing!!! Love your quilting too!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! Love the wiggly quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She will lov ether, there are amazing! Love the wonky lines!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are gorgeous. Who could fail to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These. Cushions are awesome!!of course your friend will love them, it would be impossible not to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are too funny, and those cushions are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete