17.5.13

Bloggers quilt festival - Quilt #2



My second quilt entry for the Bloggers quilt festival is my scrappy rainbow.  This quilt came about by my need to do something about the ever growing pile of scraps, the design  was inspired by the missing 'U' quilt in the Sunday morning quilts book.


I went to town on the quilting, channelling my inner Angela Walters and custom quilted each of the rainbow blocks individually.  Using large pebbles on the skinny borders and swirls on the large borders.

close-up of custom FMQ

close-up of custom FMQ


Backed with more Ikea numbers and rainbow offcuts.


I am entering this quilt in the Scrap quilt category. 


Quilt stats:
Pattern - Inspired by the Missing 'U' quilt from the Sunday Morning quilts book.
Fabrics - Various scraps for blocks.  Kona Coal for small border and Architextures Crosshatch in grey for larger borders.
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in black.
Backing - Ikea Britten Nummer and large rainbow scraps.
Quilting - Various FMQ patterns by me.
Size - approx 65 x 75"

24 comments:

  1. The quilting is magnificent.
    As is it's rainbowy scrappy goodness.
    It's a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two entries! Woo hoo! Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you return to your rainbow roots. Woohoo! So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great rainbow! And your quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts and quilting are just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed for you! I really hope you win xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful, I love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so lovely and bright and happy. Just like me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous - I love the asymmetry of the top! That IKEA print is a great choice for the back - it appears to go best with rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of this quilt!!! Woohooo - thats me cheering !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's gorgeous Kelly and is your signature rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! Love the quilting and that backing fabric is fantastic!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful. The quilting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm nominating you because I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it... beautiful quilt and great FMQ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd know that this was yours from a mile off - great scrappy rainbow-y ness, and the quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete