15.3.13

A little sparkle..

A little parcel dropped through my door this morning which kick started my mojo back into life with a passion.  That little parcel contained some of the new Melody Miller Ruby Star Sparkle, which had barely been unpacked in the shop before it was cut and winging its way to me - thanks Annie!


I knew I couldn't wait to make something with it and then my eyes lit upon the lampshade kit and the neurons started zapping....


This print was made to be turned into a lampshade, although I could do with a better stand.  So now my bedroom has a little sparkle of the Melody kind.  I don't think my pics do the sparkly words justice.

The other side!
 I can see these lampshades getting a little addictive, they are quick and easy to make when you need a fast crafty fix.  Just need to order another couple of lampshade drums now so I can make the patchwork version I was meant to be doing ;-)

25 comments:

  1. I love it! Now I want to cover all the lampshades in my house in Melody Miller fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm lovely. I've never made a lampshade before so know nothing but there are always lots of old shades in my local charity shop, could you just remove the old fabric and replace it? Save some pennies (which could be spent on fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Where did you get the lampshade kit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you got sidetracked from your original plan - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks brilliant, I have a pair of lamps with very boring shades.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous, i love it, where do you get your kits from? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. be still my heart! (just ordered some phones!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, it's perfect. Where do you get your lampshade kits from - I NEED ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very tempted by these kits. Where did you get ours from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Gorgeous! Forget the husband I need to order a kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW, that is perfect. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you are back in the sewing mood x look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect fabric for a lampshade. Those lampshade kits are such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh it's brilliant, love it!!!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really gorgeous! I didn't realise it was all sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous!! I 'need' some of those lampshade kits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your lampshade....where do you get the kits...wonder if we have them here in Canada!?!

    ReplyDelete