13.2.13

Zip zip zipping

I have been wanting to to make a triple zip pouch ever since Debbie first posted the tute, but never quite got round to it.  Well with just a few days until the end of the Triple zip-along I finally got organised enough to get on with it.

 I had a little rummage in the fabric cupboard and finally (after about an hour!) settled on Echino bucks mixed with a little text print, Metro circles and Summersville weave for the lining. 


Apart from the embarrassing amount of time it took me to attach the zipper tabs, the pouch making went fairly smoothly.  I followed the alternative way of finishing the pouch, which went well until I turned the pouch and saw that my top zipper was slightly twisted.  I don't think I got the zipper quite in the middle before I stitched round!?  Something I will pay more attention too on my next go.

The other tip I will be following next time is to ditch the zipper foot and just use the walking foot (tip courtesy of Leanne).  It really is a brilliant design and tute and despite it's imperfections, I love my new pouch.


16 comments:

  1. Love it, it's beautiful, I have the pieces cut, and it WILL get made today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, if you hadn't mentioned the imperfections we would never have known!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric choices.
    Looks brill.
    xxxx
    {hee hee - just made myself laugh at my use of the cringe word *brill*}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too!! Would you hate me for saying it has a touch of the 80s about it that I adore!? Think maybe that's why Liz busted out the 'brill'!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Properly cute! Love the fabric. I can't see any imperfections - great zippy dippy pouch x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Great pouch and I took ages with the zipper tabs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it is darling! Love the fabrics you chose! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's really cute, love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - love the pink and black fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new pouch too! I saw it on Flickr . I too followed the alternative finish. I must have pictures ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! You really can't go wrong with Echino.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic - love your fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete