16.2.13

Unexpected sew day

Last night I had to cover a night shift which meant that I had an unexpected Friday off work.  Now what I should have been doing was sleeping, that would have been sensible.  Those that know me well can tell you that I am almost never sensible, so instead of sleeping I spent all day sewing instead.

My lovely SIL asked me to make her friend a cushion for her new baby girl.  She wanted it to be personalised and not very girly but left the rest up to me.  I pulled some Walk in the Woods and Sew Stitchy charm squares from my stash and some 'just dropped through the letter box from Annie' Architextures crosshatch fabric and set to work.


I used Kristy's typeface pattern for the name, reserving the pink charms for the letters and then made a simple patchwork.  I love how the crosshatch fabric gives a little more interest for the background on the letters.


Simple quilting and a hidden zipper Pearl bracelet back finished the cushion off and I am happy to report my SIL loves it.


Despite feeling like a zombie today, it was worth skipping the sleep! 

21 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous! the letters are great - must check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cushion, and not surprised your SIL loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I can't believe you whipped that up in a day, paper pieced letters and all - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning! Now, go and get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super-gorgeous! Love the lettering :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those letters, now get to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant there, worth the eye bags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely! The lettering works great! Go to sleep now though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh totally worth missing sleep over, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the cross hatch fabric was an inspired choice. great cover x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! I'm impressed you got all that done in one day!! It looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, it's adorable. Hope you can catch up on your sleep today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like everything about this one Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's really pretty Kelly, love how you did her name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously cute. Her mamma will love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet and I can imagine Isla having this cushion and loving it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so adorable! The lettering looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is lovely and thank you for the link to the letter pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks fab, and you're right about the crosshatch, it really adds depth, lucky Isla! : )

    ReplyDelete