22.2.13

Scrappy dappy doo...

When work asked me if I could do another night shift tonight I jumped at the chance. I think they were slightly bemused by my eagerness as I am vocal in my hatred for the night shift, but I have been obsessing over my rainbow blocks all week whilst stuck at work and really wanted to get on with them.  Sleep is for the weak right?!

 So this is how far I have got.


The original Missing 'U' quilt from the Sunday Morning quilts book is made up entirely of these scrappy blocks, but I like my rainbow mixed in with some neutrals.  After all the great suggestions I got in my last post (thanks!!), I think I am going for this layout using Kona Coal and the Architextures crosshatch in Grey.

EQ7 - Scrappy quilt layout

Just need to wait for my supplies from Annie and I can finish this off.  My sewing table in due to arrive next week so I can also get on with quilting Space dust, exciting but scary!

17 comments:

  1. Isn't that just the best book! I've made three quilts from it. Great job on your blocks. I love your scraps : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I love that you are willing to take on a night shift AND completely dispense with the need for sleep in the name of quilting! That's proper commitment! Your rainbows are so lovely and can't wait to see your Angela Walters tribute on your Space Dust. Hurry up table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those blocks and your plan for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hard as nails, night shifts about killed me the summer I did them when I was at Uni, although it was working in an aerosol valve factory, which was THE most tedious job in the world!! Anyway, back to the point, there are amazing blocks, i just love them, i bet they will loo absolutely fabulous when they're all doen with your kona Coal and crosshatch, keep us posted. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. genius design. *bows down before you*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! And I'm with you on the sleep ;) Also loving the scooby doo reference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen a lot of rainbow recently - this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blocks and I love the idea of the grey crosshatch and solid. It's going to look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab! Love the layout idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you really have some fun scraps in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks are looking great. Your design is a fun twist of the version from the book.

    ReplyDelete