25.1.13

Who ever said 'size doesn't matter'

had obviously never asked a quilter!!

I have been lusting after a Janome Horizon, with it's 11 whole inches worth of space on the right, for a few years.  I just couldn't quite justify spending that amount on a sewing machine, when there was nothing wrong with the one I owned.

Then I saw that they had bought out a 'budget' model, with pretty much all the same features and a few upgrades.  The more reasonable price and it being my birthday tomorrow, was all the incentive I needed to get myself over to my local sewing machine shop. I managed to get a really good deal trading in my Juki and came home with this beauty today.


Janome Horizon 8200 QC
This machine is an absolute monster!  I can't get over how quiet it is even at full pelt, which was the first thing hubby commented on.  It has a million and one feet, including 3 options for the FMQ foot and brilliant walking foot.


The only gutting think is that my old sewing machine cover doesn't fit it, guess I will just have to make another ;-)

I will do a proper review once I have had a chance to play around with it.

30 comments:

  1. That is a beauty. I love my Jnome so I am sure you will love this one with the extra space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's fun to geek out over new toys like this, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on that! And happy birthday ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy birthday to you. Great present to pick for yourself. Hope you didn't have to pay though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh! I need to know more!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Have a fun birthday with a fairly quiet guy with lots of feet named Horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really nice machine. I love the way the feet are stored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like the best birthday present ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, love the new machine, happy sewing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. be still my heart.... happy birthday, sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fun! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! You'll be even more of a super-achiever now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! What a birthday pressie...can't wait for the review. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday and happy new sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh happy birthday!! I love your machine and see it is from Sewing World - is it the one in Bournemouth? I bought mine from there and they mended it under warranty over Christmas and they were excellent to deal with. It looks gorgeous and I'm popping over to look and see how 'budget' it is. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday and happy sewing. I am so envious of your 11 inches (that's just never gonna sound right, is it?).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo! Happy birthday. I'm sure you will have a great relationship. I've always loved Janome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one! Happy birthday (I'm guessing there may be some sewing involved?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, how nice! You will have a happy birthday for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunner! I'm rather jealous of your deep throat (snigger snigger!) happy birthday for tomorrow sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my the possibilities, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday. A brilliant birthday present, you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh what a brilliant birthday pressie. I'm thinking of trying to chop my Husqvarna in as I'm not too happy with it. Will be interested to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If your review is good I don't think i'll be able to resist one of these dream machines..A very Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday darl - fellow Januarian.
    Whoooop! I am so excited to hear all about your new machine. It looks amazing.
    What is this walking foot fantasticness of which you speak????

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cant wait for your review, Ive been searching the net looking for reviews as I really want to purchase this !
    P.S do you mind saying where you bought this from as I want to part ex my old machine and there are no shops near me that offer this - thankyou !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday...I love when 'we'buy ourselves gifts!! I have the Janome 6600 and have been drooling over the Horizon as well!! Enjoy your machine and I will be watching for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a fantastic birthday present, enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete