1.1.13

Finally I have something to show!

Happy New Year - I hope you all had a good one whatever you were doing.  I spent a few hours at work last night and again this morning and thankfully had very few bleeders, bonus all round! 

With the lead up to Christmas I got very little sewing done and knew I wouldn't be able to sneak my sewing machine into the car to take to the in-laws, so I decided to try out counted cross stitch to keep me sane.  I love the Wee Little Stitches patterns and decided on the It Crowd as my geeky hubby loves the show.  I don't think I appreciated quite how long those tiny figures would take to stitch, but I quite liked doing it and plan on stitching up the Pretty in Pink one next. 

It Crowd pattern by Wee Little Stitches

On Sunday I got back to my sewing machine after much to long a break....
Very tiny sneak peak!
I can't show it in full as it is for soemone who reads my blog, but I wanted opinions on what colour to quilt it with.  I cannot make up my mind whether to use silver/grey perle or just leave it alone?!  This is going to be my first project for the A LovelyYear of Finishes

The last thing I stitched in 2012 was a cute little pin cushion for the LMQG swap next Sunday. I just need to hand sew the gap up, or I might get one of my lovely guild buddies to do it for me ;-)

This afternoon I am going to attempt the 1st block from the Lucky Stars BOM, I do love me some paper piecing!


23 comments:

  1. Love the pincushion, must get on with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cross stitch. I can't do it at all - lose count, get pissed off and chuck it in the corner was how it worked for me. And as for the quilting, you know I am going to vote for grey perle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining along with that too. Could be fun ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cross stitch....wish I could do that! Your pincushion is a favorite.....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grey perle here too, and really need a pin cushion inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cross stitching! And silver /grey quilting would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cross stitch. I used to love doing cross stitch and it's great as a portable project. I think silver grey Perle would llook lovely. Cute little scrappy pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects - especially that little pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would leave the quilting alone- but that depends what it is you are making, and how big it is. Silver or grey would work well, if it needs it.

    Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the IT Crowd! I especially like the boss of Denman, can't remember his name but he is so funny. Great stitching! Very tidy points on your secret project too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All good!!!
    Secret perle will look lovely I think x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the pin cushion - I think that makes three of us who have completed one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cross stitch is awesome! One of my new things to try in 2013 is cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! I love the IT Crowd and I think that cross stitch is brilliant!! Go with the grey perle thread it'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cross stitch is so brilliant.
    I wonder if I could make one with fabric applique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the IT crowd cross stitch! I should do one for Hubs, it's very apt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cross stitch is AMAZING! If I had a new year's res - which I don't - but if I did, it would be to get better at cross stitch. I've only done one, but I found it very therapeutic. The choice of quilting threads - I'd leave it alone. When you have so many bold colours, it's really hard to get the colour choice right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pincushion and the quilt looks great. I am all for lots of quilting. The cross stitch is great fun, I used to do a lot of that, it is very portable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that cross stitch - the IT Crowd is a huge favorite here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pin cushion and the sneak peek...I'd try the perle! The cross stitch is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous little pinny! And that cross stitch must have taken you ages! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must say - I adore that little pincushion!

    ReplyDelete