14.1.13

A lovely year of Finishes - January

I thought I would ease myself into the year of finishes by starting with a project that was firstly small and secondly had a deadline attached to it.  That deadline happened to be last week and as the intended recipient received her package on Saturday, I can show you the finished article.

As this was a secret squirrel make I have only been able to show a sneaky peak before.  In my usual style I used a rainbow geesy theme, used a text print for the back and Pearl bracelets for the binding.  After a little persuading from a certain LMQG member, I used a rainbow of Perle thread to quilt it up.  I hate to admit but she was right!


I used our local park again for my pics...



So there is is my first January finish, which judging from the extremely lovely email I got has been very well received in it's new home.

I will be back tomorrow with more pics of Space Dust progress!

18 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cushion! Lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well DUH! I'm *always* right!
    Looks gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self, must make geese pillow.

    It looks lovely. I love how the center row has a more saturated rainbow. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very Kelly! Love the colours and the Pearl Bracelet binding. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so very beautiful!!!! I just love everything about this pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a gorgeous cushion!! The colours are so striking against the black. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have they installed CCTV in the park so as to observe the weird lady who brings fabric makes to the park and photographs them? ;-) Your cushion is fabulous!! I LOVE it and the perle really makes it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love every thing about it - so beautiful and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous, love your geese and the perle quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabric placement! I like how you put only solids in the middle.

    ReplyDelete