11.12.12

A little more Christmas crafting...

I may have been absent in my blogging/commenting for the last few weeks but I have been beavering away in the background to get all my Christmas presents made.  Okay so no stone throwing but I completed that task this morning *ducks behind sofa to avoid any projectiles*

This morning I took myself and the kidlet off to our local park to get some pics and have a play on the swings (me not the kidlet!) 

I made this Polaroid cushion using some of the Polaroid blocks from the Say Cheese! Polaroid swap organised by the lovely Kristy.  Using the different Kona's for the background was inspired by this quilt.


My second cushion used the embroidery I stitched up in Aneela's class back in September.  It took me ages to decide how to finish this, but in the end I went with simple borders and quilted it in a style from Aneela's book.


My final Christmas cushion is a scrappy rainbow made for a very good friend of mine, I hope it puts a smile on her face!


So that was the cushions done, I just needed to make a few Kindle cases for family member's, including one for me!  I bet you can't guess which one is mine ;-)

A little Echino, text, linen and new Melody - Bliss!
The reason why my blogging/reading/commenting has been up the spout is due to big changes workwise for me.  I mentioned the big interview a few weeks ago, but after talks at work I decided to stay where I was.  I then had to prepare to present an audit that I had been working on for 18 months at a Clinical audit day.  This thing was so big, I had three huge projectors across the room - scary!!!  I don't remember any of the actual presentation, but I must have done okay because I won 1st prize. £50 in JL vouchers and I do believe they sell fabric there - WOO HOO!


Right I am off to catch up with all my blog reading!

25 comments:

  1. Pretty projects!

    Congrats on the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows and Kindle covers are fabulous! And congrats. on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pillows and Kindle covers. Congrats on your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one! Well done on winning first prize - you must have been great, even if you can't remember it! Beautiful cushions and kindle covers too. Will you be keeping the telephone?? I like the birds :) Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects! Huge congratulations on the prize - have fun spending it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant projects and well done on the audit presentation - the thought of doing anything like that makes me feel sick. Enjoy spending the vouchers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done on the prize. And those cushions and kindle covers and fab! Lucky recipients whoever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done ... looks like the kidlet took some wonderful pictures while you were on the swings xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your audit prize! All your Christmas sewing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your success at work. It is always nice to be recognized for the hard work that you put in. Your sewing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I posted before, but realised it might be one of those posts that sounds funny in your head, but not so much when you type it out..... So I deleted it and will start again. Very envious of the multi-coloured phone!! Glad work has worked out well, and well done on the prize. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those rainbow geese. Congrats on the prize! Presentations can be daunting, but I always feel like I did worse than I actually did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your Christmas sewing! I am impressed at how organised you are! I probably should stop reading blogs and actually go sew something this morning if I want to get everything done in time! Love the background colours on your Polaroids! Perfect!

    Congratulations on the presentation too - must be rather pleased to have such a lot of time and effort pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the prize! So nice when long-term projects pay off, isn't it?

    I love everything about your Poloroid pillow. The backgrounds are so perfect, and I adore what you did with the quilting. I'll have to keep that quilting style in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the Polaroid cushion. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done on the finishes and the win. My days of presentations are long gone, thanks goodness, but I do know how scarey they are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the prize! Love the cushions they all look fab, as do the kindle covers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh John Lewis vouchers! Your cushions are beautiful as are the covers. I always go on the swings with my son - how long before amusement turns to utter embarrasment?

    ReplyDelete
  21. of course you got first prize - it was oral!
    fnarr!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the win and on doing such a good presentation, I am sure the shopping will be sweet. And al three of those cushions are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoop Whoop - congratulations clever lady.
    Oh my! those kindle cases are a bit gorge! especially that telephone one.
    And I think your friend is very lucky with that absolutely lovely scrappy rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1st prize for oral, who'd of thunk it!!!
    Loving the makes xxx

    ReplyDelete