19.11.12

Christmas crafting....

With 5 weeks to go, my Christmas crafting has started and today's task was cushions....

The first one I finished was the Polaroid block I made a few weeks ago, this is destined for a friend at work.

For the back I used some Moda extra wide dots in grey, which I had left over from my Bloom quilt and even put a zipper in!

The second cushion I have been working on is for my BF's little girl.  I have been away to Newcastle for the last couple of days for my MIL 70th birthday (part 2!) and used the train journey time to stitch up some cute acrobats using the Sublime Stitches patterns.


I added some Honeycomb dots to the side and did some wavy line quilting.  Just need to finish this off now, but need to buy a long zip in the morning.

Tomorrow I am going to concentrate on making the 9 frame purses on my list, which means there will be glue everywhere!

19 comments:

  1. Good for you starting on Christmas!! I esp. love your polaroid pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are gorgeous! Well impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely cushions.
    I still can't suss out how to put a zip in a cushion!
    Those embroideries are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful! Good luck with all those purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely! Those acrobats are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous. There will be two very happy people when they receive these lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pillowtastic! Why didn't I have colleagues like you? Oh yes, they were nearly all men. Hmmm. The acrobats are just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the polaroid blocks! The acrobats are fun too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're organised! The polaroid cushion is fabulous!! I love the hot pink edging. The acrobat cushion is so sweet. Your stitching is so perfect and the wavy quilting is a great pattern too! Lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 9!!!!!!!!??????
    Good luck with the fumes!

    Great cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The polaroid blocks look fabulous in your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, love that polaroid cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both look lovely!! Loving the wavy quilting on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really really love the polaroid blocks. I should really just make some!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the polaroid cushion. And you're welcome to bring your purses over here if you like - a little distraction, and possibly a little solvent-based pain relief might be just what I need.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cushion! And the embroidery is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pillow, the black background really makes the polaroids pop! The embroidery is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these Sublime Stitching Patterns! I've done them on some baby onesies!

    ReplyDelete