13.11.12

Ain't nothing going on but the rent...

Or so it feels round here at the minute!  I have spent the last week trying to fill in an application form for a new job, boy have these things changed since I last had to put my CV in with a covering letter!  That's the NHS for you though, they like you to jump through those hoops ;-)

So on the sewing front, I have managed to sew all of 5 Bee blocks in a week and my to-do list is getting longer...

My first lot of bee blocks were for the lovely Liz.  She asked for selvedge blocks in a design of our choice.  I couldn't resist making her a flying geese block and the circle block seemed like a natural second choice.  I am glad I got to try the selvedge blocks, but I won't be repeating it in a hurry ;-) 


The next Bee blocks were for Jo, who asked for help making a quilt to comfort a family member going through a very rough time. I love the block design she picked, much more in my comfort zone.

The real highlight of my week was meeting up with the LMQG on Sunday, we always have such a giggle and there was cake galore courtesy of the birthday girl and Pennie.  

Charlotte even bought me a gift, despite that I publicly doubted that she was turning 21 today...

An exact replica of her Kei dots purse!


Hapy Birthday Charlotte - you rock!!!!

20 comments:

  1. Love those selvedge blocks! It is going to be one cool quilt. And also loving that wallet from Charlotte. How nice is that? Giving others gifts on your own birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks! And what do you mean not turning 21? How VERY dare you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice to be given that cool purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the selvage blocks, they look great. Aren't you lucky, what a lovely purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great purse! How generous to give rather than receive on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your selvedge blocks, the circles look like Christmas baubles. That purse is to die for, absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the selvedge blocks - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab blocks. I've got a plan for my slevedge blocks but think it may take a while :/

    Good luck with the application x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blocks and your purse. Wow. I need to get going and learn some new things. Good luck with the resume and such. It has been so long since I have done that, that I think I would have to start from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are lovely - and good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks look fab! Good luck with the job application, and enjoy showing off your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can borrow my crossed fingers and toes once Pennie has finished with them x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did those selvedges proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those selvedge blocks look so neat! Good luck with the job! Applying for jobs can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness- those selvedge blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours, and a great present from Charlotte! Cake and quilting on Sunday sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blocks and the selvedge blocks are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a star for making those great selvedge blocks. I love them lots.
    And Jo's blocks are fantastic too.
    But wow! I think that purse is heaven - those dots are totally gorgeous. Lucky you.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete