5.11.12

241 tote - Vinyl style!

My attention span for most things is short very short!!  My love for my 241 tote and Go Anywhere bag have been waning over the last few weeks, so I knew it was time for a new one.
I picked three (2 panels and the records) of the Melody Miller Ruby Star Vinyl FQ's that I got in my bundle from the Village Haberdashery, butchering them to fit all the parts, inside and out! 

Front - with zipper!!
I missed off the side pockets on this one as I never used them on my first bag.

Back
I added a loop to the inside pocket to attach my little purse too, I have a bad reputation for misplacing it!
Lining - made with the records and the offcuts from the panels.

I had made the strap all fancy and adjustable, then had to unpick and fix it when I sewed it in the wrong way.  I will try that again when I make the Sidekick tote in a few weeks ;-)

I tried the bag out yesterday on my annual date day with the hubby.  This pic was taken in a backstreet very near the dodgy sex shop bit of Soho (this was not the destination for our date day, although my hubby seemed to know his way around these streets very well!!!!).


I have a few more bags/purses on my to do list for this month, starting today with a frame purse using these....
Echino Decoro bucks and RK Metro circles
I used Emily's very cool tute to draw up the pattern (well I made hubby do it!).  Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a finished purse!

18 comments:

  1. These are so cute!

    I need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag! And hope you had a great date, despite the less than salubrious neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute bag, I love all of the colors and patterns you combined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another bag I want to steal! I have got to make my viewfinders bag - I have all the stuff, just need to get it chopped and sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new 241 bag! I still use mine all the time too! May have to get busy making another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bag! I want to sew a 241......it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh love the bag and I made a purse from Emily's tute yesterday - stonking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely makes and look at you with your adjustable strap! I love Soho - seedy or not. It's London and I miss London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek, I hope it works! I've heard a rumour that the cameras are sparkly, is it true? I remember owning one of those cameras when I was little so that fabric is very high on my want list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little zippy pocket on the front, very practical! Hope that you enjoyed your date, even without the Soho streets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flipping heck, kelly - are you reading my mind? I was pulling fabrics for a 241 this afternoon AND have plans to use that there same echino fabric (in all 4 colours) for purses for my 4 sisters for christmas. Now I have your very high standards to live up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - I love this bag! Maybe I should make a bag for my annual date with my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fabric choices!! I've got the pattern for the 241 bag but haven't gotten around to trying it. Seeing yours is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabrics you've chosen for the bag, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's darling! I love date nights with my hubby ; )

    ReplyDelete