30.10.12

A pervy finish....

I spent the last two days finishing up my Pervy quilt.  Having fallen hard for Charlotte's original Fifty shades of Perv Fractured quilt and being slightly responsible for naming the QAL, I really didn't want this to become another of my longstanding WIPS.
Weekly progress
 I put the final border on the quilt on Sunday and was so excited I decided to baste it straight away, despite not having a clue how I was going to quilt it!!  I did a little shopping at the Knitting and Stitching show, whilst helping out Annie on her stall and picked up these Aurifil threads.
Aurifil threads
I wanted to do an all over quilt pattern, without distracting from the quilt pattern, so I started with a giant diamond in the silver thread and echoed my way out changing colours as I went.

Ta da - Blue chaos
 I am really happy with my un-planned quilting scheme, it gives so much texture to the quilt.

Closeup of the 'organic' quilting!!
I rather bravely used the Kona black for my backing, thankfully there are few quilting hiccups to be seen which is a miracle!!


For the binding I chose the Black text print from the Mama said sew line. 


I am so happy I joined in with this QAL and chose a non-rainbow colour scheme (Despite there being a bundle of Rainbow all made up for me at the Village Haberdashery!!).  This is going to be hanging above my bed, where it can clash with all the rainbow quilt ;-)

Quilt Stats:
Size: 36" square(ish)
Pattern: Let's Pervalong based on Charlotte's Fractured quilt.
Fabrics: Kona Solids: Aqua, Azure, Glacier, Jade green, Ash, Iron, Steel, Charcoal, Pepper and Black and Sewing guide in Black (Mama said Sew) for the binding.

There are some gorgeous quilt emerging in the Flickr group, I am contemplating a mini in pink and grey.

34 comments:

  1. kelly it is just fabulous. The quilting works so well and the whole thing is a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You has inspired me o finish mine. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bloody rocks!!!!!!! Thanks so much for joining in :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing!! I love the colours and the diamond quilting is inspired. A fab finish - you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this is soooooooooo fab and I love the quilting! I am in remedial Perv class - still at the foundation papers stage! I knew I would regret my Christmas Fair schedule - it is knocking everything else out of the window. This makes me want to get on and sew something new x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kelly it is amazing! You'll have to sit with the overachievers at the next meeting for sure!!! I'm with Gertie - still at the foundation papers stage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt sparkles! Fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Something amazing happened when you added the black on the outside edges - it kind of brought the whole thing to life. Beautiful all round - love the shades of aurifil too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this turned out really wonderful! Your quilting is perfect for this quilt. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the quilting so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning! I love the quilting and the colours are beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trust you to hang a pervy quilt above your bed..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it in this colourway as well as the original. The quilting really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilting, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!!!! Stunning!!!! Fantastic quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning!! The quilting is perfect - and what gorgeous colours in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you perv! The thread you used for quilting looks great on the back of the quilt, colors are awesome - and that text binding! WOAH awesomeness! Thanks for sharing.
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks amazing, and I heart the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love the colours in this and your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous - love the colours and the dense organic quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt came out gorgeous! Love the color combo and awesome job of quilting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! The quilting is perfect! The color combination is gorgeous and I love the black & dark gray background. I like looking at the progress shots. It is fun to see how much the black made the blues and grays shine!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing!! the quilting is just right for this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks stunning, the quilting really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning. ANd you're very brave using black backing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. HOLY COW! This is really really lovely! It makes me want one just like it!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wondering where I can find this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this is amazing - I love the quilting x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have had a photo of this quilt on my phone since I first thought about quilting! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog and found who made it! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete