22.10.12

A bit of a break....

of the kinky kind!

I have just got back from a week away at my in-laws with the kidlet.  I love these little breaks as the Grandparents are always happy to babysit, whilst I turn their living room upside down with all my sewing crap.  

I had a little list of things to finish/put together which all got shelved in favour of my Kinky bee quilt.  My bee month was July and I asked for a 19" circle block using a pile of my rainbow scraps, my fellow kinky's did not let me down!

Kinky Bee - Bumblies Miss July quilt 2012
Closeup of the quilting - I used pebbles, Paisley and swirls.
I bought this Angela Walters quilting course on Craftsy, which encouraged me to try a bit more than wonky wavy lines with the quilting.  I was so glad I did, the quilting took about 15 hours and I went through 20 bobbins but I am thrilled with how it turned out.  Now just have to decide on binding, though I am leaning towards Summersville Weave in charcoal.

I managed a few other sewing bits and bobs as well last week, but will save them for another post.  I also got my Mouthy Stitches tote in the post today and nearly wet myself with excitement, but that is also story for tomorrow ;-)

32 comments:

  1. it's amazing! I wondered where you had got to :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab quilt! Bumblies ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my- that is stunning! I love the effect of the quilting too, it really makes the coloured circles stand proud of the quilt. I'm itching to sew.. but both of my machines have gone off for repair. Angst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously - this is some awesome quilting! Congrats for stretching out - it really adds alot to your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Kelli. I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful quilt, your quilting is wonderful as are your bee mates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a lovely quilt! Your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is going on my list of favorites. It is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, the quilting looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought all the blocks looked lovely as they appeared on flickr but together they just look stunning. Your quilting is a triumph! I have got to put this on my list of "must have" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks to me like it was worth turning their house upside down for xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, its amazing - the quilting is briliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing quilt! And you're so lucky that you got Hadley's tote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so fantastic! Love it. One of the best bee quilts I have seen in ages. And the quilting you did is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! And the quilting is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was so excited when I saw the photo that I almost fell off my stool - honestly, it was a close call! It's absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic, I think you did an amazing job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do think this is a beautiful little quilt and the quilting is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hee hee ;)
    The quilting is fantastic - big round of applause!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - it is beautiful!!! And the quilting - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That is such a cool quilt. So unique! And your quilting picks were excellent. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt looks fantastic! And as for the actual quilting - wow! Seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic quilting! I have her book on hold at the library. Can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is going to make me sound like some kind of stalker weirdo, but I was thinking about you today on my walk wondering why you hadn't blogged in a while - and here you are whipping up fabulousness. Your quilting looks amazing and i love the circles. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!!! This is one seriously gorgeous quilt!! The quilting really adds a whole new dimension, I'm so impressed you did it yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous quilt and totally amazing quilting - go you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job on the quilting!! What a cute quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete