5.9.12

W.I.P Wednesday

My Parents have three lovely girls who live next door to them in Ireland, and every time we go over they spend a huge amount of time keeping the kids (and me) entertained.  To say thanks (and keep them sweet for next time), I like to make them each a gift when I come home.  Hence the need to make two pencil cases and a makeup case in bright colours (their request).
Holiday pics!
I managed to finish the makeup case and one of the pencil cases yesterday and baste hexies (I know I said never again!) for the final case.  Just in time for WIP Wednesday ;-)

So to my weekly round up....

Finished:

Hexie cushion - which has been blogged 4 times already, but I love it so here it is again!

This made it to the final 10 of the Festival of hexagons - go take a look and vote for your fave!
Makeup case & Pencil case - The inspiration for the stitching on both of these this came from Susan's hexie cushion, I love how the Perle stands out on the charcoal solid.

Kona charcoal and various scraps
Pencil case - front

back
W.I.P :

Second pencil case - I have some more hand sewing to do *sigh*

3/4" hexies
 Kinky Bee quilt - I am just waiting on a couple more blocks and I can put this together.

New Projects:
Space dust quilt (Tula Pink pattern) - More on this is a separate post
Mod pod QAL using Summersville - Just waiting for the template to arrive

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. 

I will be back to catch up on my blog reading tonight after work.



32 comments:

  1. gorgeous pencil cases! Love the stitching :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that pencil case. The stitching against the charcoal is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are great pencil cases. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cushion! And I love your blog!! I'm stopping by from wip wednesday ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously gorgeous! That makeup case is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pencil cases are wonderful, love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your holiday pics - they look like happy days.

    I know I have already proclaimed my love for your recent makes but I would love to see progress pics of the pencil case you are making; especially of the hand stitching phase. I always feel a bit bewildered by layers when making little things like this. Do you stitch through your quilt sandwich for the hand stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects - I love the make up bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- what bright and beautiful colors! I love the pillow and the adorable makeup & pencil cases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your pencil case and make up case are wonderful!!! love the cushion too!! did you foundation piece the centre block for your first case??? It is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous stitching on the pencil cases! So even. We won't tire of seeing your cushion either : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow!! Every single thing you're working on (and finished) is just gorgeous!! I agree -- the perle cotton stands out in such a lovely way. What a nice touch. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute cushion and pencil case. I love rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous projects, I especially love your new pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those gifts are awesome... lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great stitching detail on the makeup and pencil case.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How kind of you, they are lovely! I love the rainbow-ness on the dark background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pouches look fabulous and thank you so much for saying you got the stitching idea from me. I am sure I most likely stole the idea from someone else. And always lovely to see your cushion again because it is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow the pouches and pillow are so awesome! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so pretty! And very Kelly. I'm sure you will not mind hand stitching such pretty rainbow hexagons. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for Tula's Space Dust quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the pencil cases and makeup cases! The black really makes those colours pop. And perfect hand stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooooo I love the pattern on your make up bag! They all look amazing and I'm sure they'll be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so sweet to make them all gifts and such amazing gifts at that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pouches! The pillow! Your stitching! Lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love rainbows! The makeup case is particularly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great projects! Your stitching on the cases is wonderful! I adore the block on the makeup case!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great makes! I love the make up purse.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The stitching looks incredible on those makeup and pencil cases, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete