17.9.12

Sushi, darlings?

As you all know I love a bit of foundation piecing, so when Kristy from Quiet Play was asking for pattern testers, I jumper at the chance to try her new sushi block.

This pattern has many pieces, but is straightforward to sew.   It did take me about 7 goes to get my head round the slight angle of the chopsticks, there were swear words involved.  My numptiness knows no bounds!
Sushi block - Pattern by Kristy@ Quit Play

Sushi block - Pattern by Kristy@ Quit Play
 I am thinking about using this block in another little bag, a lunch bag perhaps.

Kritsy has loads of cool patterns over on her blog, including a fair few free ones.  I love the Umbrella's and the Herringbones!  The Sushi block will be released soon, so keep an eye out on her blog for it :)

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! It would be great as a panel in a lunch box...or on a place mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha this is well cool! I especially like the little sushi rolls. These would make great place mats. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done...your version is fab-o. Were the sushi rolls fiddly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern everytime that I see it, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block turned out so well - even with the fiddly bits and sweary moments ;) Love the fabrics that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great! Wasn't it a fun pattern? I had a few dicey moments with those chopsticks myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! A sushi block. I really really need to make one of these. I am so obsessed with sushi at the moment.
    Great stitching K

    ReplyDelete