10.9.12

Space dust - progress so far

You can tell how excited about a quilt pattern I am by how quickly it transfers from my downloaded pile into fabric.  I am pretty excited about Space dust!

In the pattern, Tula has put in a diagram to show colour placement and it is this that I matched my colours up to, improving when I didn't quite have the right shade (or when brown fabric was involved!)

Copyright - Tula Pink


I didn't think too hard about it and I love that for once I have managed to stray just a little away from the regimented order of the rainbow.


Sunday's progress

The foundation piecing is going well.  I have had a few dodgy moments when I haven't quite covered the area, but I just add on an additional bit rather than un-picking.  I think I am going to have to do some block trimming as some of the seams are out, probably due to printing it at 75%.

Half way point
My mind is already whirring on how I am going to quilt this.  The quilting on the original is amazing (Angela Walters - need I say anymore!) and I want to step out of my comfort zone and  away from all-over wonky lines or 'organic' straight lines.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! That's going to be very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wopuld love to try something like this eventually. :) great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute stunner! and the quilt's not bad too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks amazing - I love that you're messing around a little with the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so gorgeous.
    And I can't wait to see how you will quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love! That background is perfection :o) This is going to be amazing (and you've just added this quilt to my must make list :o) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love! That background is perfection :o) This is going to be amazing (and you've just added this quilt to my must make list :o) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kelly this is looking very funky already! I wouldn't have a clue how to quilt this but I look forward to seeing what you decide - could be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, this is awesome!! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness you are fast! This will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an awesome quilt! I love the solids against the text background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely! I'm interested to see how you will quilt it. It might unglued how I quilt my latest rainbow creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really IS going to be stunning! I love all the solids. This just wouldn't look right with prints! Tula Pink is a GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh - this is really something!

    ReplyDelete