28.9.12

Just a little bit dizzy!

Unfortunately for me that's exactly how I feel at the minute.  I have Labrynthitis which is causing me to have bouts of severe motion sickness and headaches.  I can't go to work (yay!) but neither can I sit at the computer for very long, read or sew *sob, sob*!  It is cruel to have me within spitting distance of my fabrics and not really be able to play, especially as the kidlet is in nursery ;-)

Anyway, enough moaning!

Yesterday afternoon I sat and rummaged around in my fabric cupboard trying to decide what to use for my Mouthy Stitches tote.  This is what I pulled.....

Mouthy Stitches fabrics - two background choices Kona Charcoal or Crabtastic newpaper print.

I have two idea's in mind, a plan A and B if you like!  Plan A involves a circle of wonky stars.  I saw this Flickr picture which led me to this great tutorial.  If I can pull this off (there are lots of tiny pieces!), I think it will look very cool.  

I am a little torn between the Newspaper print and the charcoal for the star block.  I love how the colours look against the newspaper but think they will pop more with the charcoal. Ahh decisions, decisions!

Now if plan A goes tits up, I have this as a back up.....

Plan B - Lynne's Lazy days Lozenges Epp block

I love EPPing, especially as a  pick up, put down project whilst I am out of action with the sewing machine.

Right I am off for a lay down now ;-)


19 comments:

  1. You have big sympathy from me, I suffered with it for 7/8 months 3 years ago and couldn't be treated as I was pregnant. It is so horrible! Very Kerry's been suffering with it recently I'm sure she can give you support and advice! Take it easy when you can. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice options, shame about the dizzy disease :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I've just down Lynne's Lozenges EPP & loved it, not sure I could manage all the tiny star pieces yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics and really hope you get better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear :( hope you are feeling better soon. I had never heard of labyrinthitis until earlier this year, then 2 of my friends at opposite ends of the world got it within a month of each other. And now you have it! I had hoped that labyrinthitis meant that David Bowie would turn up in a codpiece, but apparently that is a whole different kind of Labyrinth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabrics {as always}.
    Sorry to hear about the dizziness. Hope it buggers off quickly. The first time I caught that, I didn't know anything about it and just thought that either a) I had gone mad or b) I'd better lay off the booze as the effects seemed to be lasting too long.
    Do you sleep with one foot on the ground? It does help, I'm sure xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do hope you are fighting fit again soon! Not nice when germs take over. Loving your ideas for the swap though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! How in the world does one contract that? Hope the world stops spinning soon. I like the newsprint too. Such a fun background

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO sorry you still aren't feeling well!! Sure hope this passes soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you, hope you feel better soon! Both pouch ideas look great, hope you can crack on with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabrics you have pulled for that! Both options look great! Especially with those colors. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really sorry about your dizzy-dos, hope you are right again soon. Either of your plans looks good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh get well soon lovely - loving your dizzy pull though x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feel better soon:( I love the fabrics and your EPP. Either one is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    I just love your colour choices! With those - whichever project you pick is going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go for the charcoal! I think it contrasts really nicely with the rainbow colors of your EPP.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear you're not so well :( Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete