30.9.12

Instinct!

With the help of the lovely drugs that the Dr gave me, I managed to get back to sewing yesterday :).  You would think this would have been a joyous day, but I actually went to bed furious with myself and this is why....

Mouthy stitches swap tote - Plan A

It just doesn't work!!  I pretty much knew that by picture two on that mosaic, did I stop?  Did I heckers!!  I thought it would be okay with a bit of Perle added, because my hexie cushion worked out all right.

What I was doing was trying to please my partner, forgetting that they cannot see inside my head to what I have planned.  What I should have done is gone with my instincts, stopped at the second pic stage and started again with the charcoal background.

My Hubbie accused me of being obsessed during a particularly long rant about this.  He is wrong though, it's pride in my work that is having me scrap this and start again. 

I cut the pieces out for the block again last night and I am not moving from that machine until it's finished!

Thanks for all the lovely messages and sympathy about the dizziness.  I have found that doing only short computer bursts have helped a lot (and the drugs) and I am feeling tons better already.
x

12 comments:

  1. it's a shame, but I think you are right. The colours get lost on the busyness. Oh well, an excuse to sew more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually quite like the effect of the stars merging into the background,kind of low volume. But I'm guessing you want a nice bright rainbow look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well bugger - now I know it isn't for me. Because I chose the dark background and the text for the lining. So disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great Kelly...and that you have had trouble with your swap item. Hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. Don't throw them out. They'll work in something else ; ) glad you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blame it on the drugs, luvvie, that LSD is a bugger when you're sewing.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can re-purpose them! Glad you're starting to feel better x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh please put some perle on it, and make sure you turn it into something, even if only a mug rug x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's the pits for your first time back at the machine! So sorry....can't wait to see the next version and so glad you are feeling some better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too hope that you use this panel too, but it is too bad that it made you so cross.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh frustrating!! Hope that the second go round is a bit more smooth and you're happy with the result! I think there's always that added pressure when it's for someone else - so not obsession but just wanting to make something fabulously wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how annoying for you ....but with a darker background this is going to be absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete