3.9.12

Cosmic Rose

I got home from work on Saturday afternoon to find my BQS parcel waiting for me.  I have to say in this round I didn't even have an inkling what mini was for me.  So it was quite exciting opening the parcel to see which one was mine....

Beautifully packaged goodies!
and man did I get lucky!  Colette from Poppy and Poochie was my secret partner and made this wonderful mini for me and I love it! 


The extra's included a gorgeous hexie brooch, which my son nicked and is refusing to let me have it back (pic here), some fab scraps and some chocolate that lasted all of five seconds.

Thanks so much Colette!

I had such a cool weekend.  Yesterday was taken up with the LMQG and a trip to Liberty's to meet the designer of the new patchwork fabrics and get a sneaky peak at the next collection.  I came home from there and got started on the makeup bag on my to do list.

I had a little mess around with EQ7, found a block I wanted to use and dived into the scrap bins again.  I am using the Oh Fransson Perfect zipper bags pattern to make the large type C bag.
 

For the back I got the Hera marker out and then stitched random curvy lines.
This is the same material as the front, I am just rubbish at editing pics!
I would have finished it off today but I have been Autumn cleaning for a change ;-)

15 comments:

  1. lovely mini and that pouch is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty mini, and that pouch is looking stunning already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to such a great mini. And absolutely loving the pouch you are making. It is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pouch is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the swapsie and the pouch.
    Autumn cleaning - are you mad!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swap quilt is really fabulous!! Love what you are doing with the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mini! And the pouch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great swap quilt. And that block looks fab. I'm in love with my hera marker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely goodies and that little hexie brooche.....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hand stitching - very even and accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely mini - lucky you!! And there was chocolate? Yum!! Loving your stitches on your latest project :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab swap! The bag looks amazing! Love all the colours and the brilliant stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag is looking really cool. I love the curved lines on the back. Great colours and perfect stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how I love that curved stitching!! can't wait to see this bag finished!! so glad you LOVE the mini xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous swap mini!! I did late-summer cleaning instead of spring cleaning this year. Well, I hoovered under my bed - does that count?!!

    ReplyDelete