15.8.12

W.I.P Wednesday

I managed to get four days of sewing in this week and made quite a lot of progress on my never ending to-do list.

Finishes:

 In trying to make one decent gift for my friend at work, I ended up making three attempts! 

I used three tutes:
Noodlehead gathered clutch (top left)
Pink Penguin patchwork wristlet (bottom left)
Confessions of a fabricaholic wallet (top and bottom right)
The left two made the grade for pressies!

My favourite finish of the week is my rainbow coasters, made for my Mum to go with the Stargazey table runner.


WIP's:

Progress:

Star table runner is now at the binding stage and I am just waiting for the fabric to arrive.


Stargazey table runner

I also spent a few hours Sunday and then again yesterday afternoon finishing the hand quilting on my Brit quilt swap mini.  All I have left to do on this is bind and finish the label for the back.

BQS label progress
No progress:
  • EPP hexie cushion - I am saving this for my hols next week.
Upcoming projects:
  • Summersville quilt - Probably September's project now!
  • LMQG August challenge - something Paper pieced
  • Ruby Star vinyl bag
That's it now until next Monday for sewing for me. I have crammed all of my August on-calls into one hellish week :(.

Linking up with Freshly pieced WIP Wednesday.

35 comments:

  1. busy laydee! Love it all, especially those magnificent coasters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your rainbow coasters! Your mum is a lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rainbow coasters look so great! Looking forward to seeing the Stargazey table runner finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many yummy things Kelly! No dirty gnomes lurking about here eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love all your fun, colourful projects!! I hope your week isn't too hellish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those rainbow coasters! So cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love your little gifts youve made :) those coasters are super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all - the table runner for your mum turned out really well. I bet she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those coasters, and your star quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coasters are so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a productive week! I love the wallet! It's on my todo list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love the way you choose your fabrics. I wish I could get mine to play nice together

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot of progress! And a long to do list! All wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those coasters are amazing! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's not a thing on this blog post that I don't love! Incredible work!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's a cute idea to stitch up a label! Gotta try that :*)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, so many lovely projects. I so love that mini you're working on. You have one lucky partner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... wow... wow!! I'm crazy about everything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are on a roll. I don't work and I am not getting that much done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These coasters!!! Absolutely lovely. Stunning. Amazing. Great. Unique.
    You get it :o) Simply wow. Want them now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All those clutches/pouches look great to me! And the brightness of the rainbow coasters really snags the attention. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Stargazey table runner is so pretty! As are the coasters. Your mum is lucky to receive them. I don't think I've made anything for my family in decades!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The rainbow coasters look awesome! And I may have to look for that wallet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the coasters, and the hand quilting around the stars...and I might need to try that wallet....not that I need a wallet or anything.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the coasters! Can see why they are your favorite project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. cute cute and more cute.
    I also love the hand quilting on the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have made that wallet several times---love all the room in it too:) Summersville good choice!! Such cute projects you made out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the different sizes of the stars, looks like you're on a good creating roll !
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  29. 4 sewing days? Good for you. All lovely work here. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those coasters are just super cute. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow- you've done lots in four days! Those rainbow coasters are cute, cute, cute! I think I may have to make some version of them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your projects for the week are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh what beautiful makes! I love the coasters and also the several tries for the perfect gift! They are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete