8.8.12

W.I.P Wednesday

The last week has been filled with hexies and stars as I work on more little projects.

Finishes:

Home mini made for the LMQG July challenge - blogged here

EPP sewing case - Blogged here

W.I.P's:

Rainbow hexie cushion - new project
I have sewn the print hexies into their rows and I am just starting to sew on the text background print.  The Olympics have helped a lot with the progress on this as I have hardly moved from the sofa ;-)


Star table runner - New project:
This is for my Mum after she came to visit and clocked eyes on my Rainbow granny runner.   I used the Stargazing block from the Modern blocks book, reversing the first and last blocks so the stars flow better.   I just  need to make a couple more mini stars to go in the sashing in between the blocks and then I can baste and quilt this in time to take with me on holiday.

No progress:
  • Brit quilt swap mini - I have the hand quilting to do still.

 Upcoming projects:
  • Summersville quilt - Probably September's project now!
  • LMQG August challenge - something Paper pieced
  • Ruby Star vinyl bag
I will be back to catch up with everyone else's blogs and post the winner of my giveaway tonight.  My mean old work blocks access to most social networking sites ;-)

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.  

24 comments:

  1. Mean old work indeed! Love the starry runner in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your hexies look amazing. The text print background is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes Kelly - boo hiss for work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hexies are to die for, love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rainbow of hexies splashed in the text print, just striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your work is beautiful! I have afascination with rainbows too! Off to explore your blog a bit more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, all of these are so pretty! I'm especially smitten with your EPP sewing case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ya! Your hexies are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All gorgeous, Kelly! I can't wait to see how your hexie cushion finishes up. And I'm loving that star runner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been working on hexies during the Olympics too. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That newspaper print is fantastic in your hexies. I've been watching the olympics too. My bum's getting flat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I love your projects today!! Those rainbow hexies with the text print are so fun!! LOVE your star blocks - I'm needing to make one for a bee this month. AND I love your 'home' mini - sooo sweet! Very fun & colorful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable hexie project! loveeee the text prints!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your rainbow hexies with the text print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so nice! love the rainbow in the middle of text fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, Love, LOVE your rainbow Hexie cushion. It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful projects. love love the hexies

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really are the rainbow queen!! Love all your beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, I love all the colors on this blog post! :) The hexies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stargazing has got to be one of my favorite blocks! I keep dreaming that someday I am doing to make a whole quilt of them or something. And your hexies are so pretty it hurts. I might need to go buy some text print and make something similar....or I'll just keep coming back to look at yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bright hexies and the text background print hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those hexies look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hexie project is awesome! Love that text fabric you are using. It's the perfect background.

    ReplyDelete