12.8.12

Stargazy runner - attempt 2!!

Thanks so much for coming to my rescue yesterday and all your great suggestions.  I finally figured that the far apart quilting was what was annoying me, so I filled in the gap and then as suggested just added some hand quilting around the biggest stars.

My Mum had a look on Flickr and has pronounced it fit enough to grace her table ;-).



I am going to bind in the Kei honeycomb dots in grey.  I think there is only so much rainbow I can get away with for my family, although I would have loved a scrappy binding.

Today has been pretty much a perfect Sunday - messing around at the park with my boys and then home for some more stitchery....

BQS swap mini- hand quilting progress

Rainbow coasters for my Mum

Hope you all had a great sunday too!

14 comments:

  1. Oh superb - glad you got the runner sorted!
    The BQS is coming along nicely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty perfect Sunday indeed. Love the way you have quilted the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay coasters! And the runner looks fab too. Also, you are rocking the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The runner looks wonderful!! (As does your BQS mini and the pile of coasters!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner looks awesome! I love the hand stitching around the stars. And that is a yummy pile of coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner was great and now it is ever better. I love how nicely the hand quilting works with the machine cross hatch. And I want a stack of rainbow coasters for me, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The detail you added looks great! The coasters are fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the quilting you added. It really gave it a little something extra special!
    That mini for your swap is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish. I like the stitching around the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty! It is very satisfying when you solve a quilty problem that is bugging you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your BQS swap quilt! Great colours! and sounds like a great Sunday indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table runner is fabulous!!! I love the stitching around your colorful stars! You know how much I love your BQS quilt, and it just looks better every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your runner is looking great! Glad you were able to finish it to your (& mom's!) liking!

    ReplyDelete