6.8.12

Hexing along

I have to admit to having done very little over the last few days apart from baste and stitch these lovelies and watch Team GB at the Olympics.  There is something quite soothing about mindless sewing whilst shouting at the telly ;-)

Hexy cushion
I did leave the sofa yesterday to attend the LMQG monthly meet in posh St John's Wood.  I love seeing what everyone else has been up to.  The challenge for this month was to make something to represent what London means to me.  I have to say I am crap with these kind of things, I have no imagination!

Having ummed and ahhed over this for the last month, I decided that I had better pull my finger out on Saturday and make something.......

July LMQG challenge mini

 London to me after 11 years of living here is just home, so I made a cute little mini paper piecing both the bunting and the letters.  On the back I used the Underground print with the Northern line, which I have spent the best part of the last 11 years going up and down.



Now in exciting other news I have just signed up to learn how to embroider with the Queen of the stitch herself - Aneela Hoey.  There is only 10 spaces so if you want to sign up , you better had get over to her blog quick!


16 comments:

  1. The hexies are looking great and I love that mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hexies! You're quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hexies and mini-mini; see you in Henley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've signed up as well for the workshop!! Hooray...

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great, I like them in stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini is very sweet! I think many people can relate to your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your mini is really cute and I am loving your hexies. How lucky to get a class with Aneela Hooey! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you`ve made me homesick! I lived in London for 13 years before we came out here. Your hexies are gorgeous and I love that mini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect background for the hexes! Loooove! Your mini is gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that text fabric with the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oohhhh gorgeous hexies and I love the mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hexies!! Did not know there was a London Quilt meet up... Need to investigate. Where did you get the tube map fabric from, would be great for me! (useful for work and become a purse...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stars for your mom's runner are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those hexies are beyond fun!

    ReplyDelete