30.8.12

Hexie finish!

Right back at the start of the month I made a pledge to myself to make and finish a hexie cushion before August was over.  I did most of the prep work before I flew out to visit my Parents in the West of Ireland last week.  So whilst looking out at this view...

View from the living room window
and actively trying to avoid the four kidlets running riot round my Mums house, I stitched and stitched and stitched.

Yesterday morning ( my last day of hols) I had got this far, with one more row of Newspaper hexies to stitch on.

Progress made on hols!
After dropping the kidlet off at Nursery this morning and ignoring the pile of holiday clothes in need of washing, I got back to work on sewing that last row on and finishing the cushion.

Ta da!

Required close up pic ;-)

Summersville Brushstrokes in charcoal for the envelope back

 My finish means I am just in time to link up with the Festival of Hexagons, which has some rather nice prizes up for grabs courtesy of the Fat Quarter shop.



There are some gorgeous projects already linked up, which includes Susan's beauty of a cushion so go and have a gander ;-)

My Mum loved her table runner and I will blog about that and the non stitchy part of my hols over the weekend.  Now I am off to catch up on what I missed in blogland over the last week.

34 comments:

  1. wowser - it's lovely! And you say you don't like handstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, I loved the fabrics you choice for this. Added to my wish list to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely cushion, I really like the quilting and the fabrics are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I totally want that on my couch! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic...and I don't normally like hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that would have taken me 2 weeks to finish off! It's cracking too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love that text print!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful cushion - love it! Pah to washing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this would be a great cushion from your WIP pics but now seeing the finish - wow, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - so pleased you got it finished, and the quilting looks brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic, my perfect cushion! Well dome on meeting your deadline too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cushion! I love the newspaper fabric, it's a perfect background for the rainbow hexies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Your cushion looks fabulous!! And well done for meeting your deadline. That's a beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really gorgeous, I want it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cushion, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my dear! How do you keep DOING it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cushion. It's a wonder you got any sewing done with that view. I think I would have just stared out the window with my work on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, Kelly! The background fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pillow! I love the rainbow of colors against the texty background print!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cushion. Love the "rows of colours"

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it to bits! Absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful- both the view and the cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh bless, thank you for those kind words. I am rather in love with your cushion myself. Impressed with your ability to prioritise quilting over laundry too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Luuuuuuuuuuuuurve this pillow! I think you were right to go with the rows. And the texty fabric sets it off perfectly. Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow another gorgeous creation.
    I really love that newspaper fabric.
    Fab hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Идея с подбором тканей хороша! Газета и обратная сторона выглядят отлично!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning just gorgeous. Love it. Just absolutely love it. You've done really good girl.

    ReplyDelete