3.8.12

Hexathon - part 1

I have an idea in my head that I need to make a hexagon cushion, it's like its a right of passage and that I won't be a proper sewer (sewist?) until I have done so.  August is the month of the hexathon for me, by the time the 31st rolls round I want a hexie cushion sitting on my sofa looking all smug. 

So yesterday I got started, because as many of you know handsewing isn't my forte and this could take a while ;-)

A bit of scrap plundering

A lot of template cutting


 and then to the exciting bit messing about with layouts...


Option1
Option 2
However I decide to lay the hexies out, I still have to baste another 78 neutral ones for the border - oh happy days!

Don't forget you can still enter my 100th post giveaway  until next Tuesday - CLICK HERE!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely colors.....my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric, so cute and colorful

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love LOVE!!!!!!!!!! I like the neat rows better, but then I am anally retentive like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Maybe I should make a hexy cushion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo I love these colours. I like Option 1 best but they are both splendiferous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are wonderful, but I think I prefer the rows.
    I have just been cutting lots of paper hexagons and squares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours, personally I like the rows but it might be easier to stitch in rosettes. When you have made your cushion you might go for a Hexy MF quilt to match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that I will never be up to the task of the Hexy MF ;-)

      Delete
    2. I'm doing a small version, I.e. made enough to cover my cutting table and that finished me off so am now joining the rosettes together. My biggest mistake was to use batiks, very tight fabric and a bUgger to stitch, huge holes in my fingers covered with New Skin...Should have made a tablecloth!

      Delete
  8. I love your rainbow style! Im leaning towards option 1 but you'll know what suits the plan better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! I'm starting my hexathon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh rainbow hexies! Who'd of thunk it! ;) Lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no desire to partake of the hexagon craze myself, but I like seeing everyone else's! Your fabric selection is just terrific! I like the rainbow rows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great! I look forward to seeing what layout you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rainbow hexies!! Yippee! I like to say 'sewer' too, sewist sounds a bit flash, but I think the problems comes when you write it down...

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're looking great, love the rainbow effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love option 1! This will be awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great start with your hexies! I want to make some as well feeling that it is the golden ticket to Ll things quiltey

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete