18.7.12

WIP Wednesday

I got my mojo back after my little break by making an Ipad case yesterday.  My friend has no idea that I am making this for her, but I can't bare to see a nekkid Ipad.


I carried on with my current  dresden obsession and made a miniature one in Aneela's Walk in the woods and the newspaper print from the Crabtastic line.  I can't say I will be gutted if she doesn't like it and it has to stay with me ;-)

WIP progress:

Brit Quilt Swap 3 mini:

The main blocks are all sewn together and I am now pondering borders, for unknown reasons I seem to be struggling with making decisions with this mini.


I am thinking a skinny border of the solid orange and then one of the Summersville prints.  This is my today project, well it will be once I've made my mind up.


Bloom Quilt:

After trying for the last week to get a decent pic of the Bloom quilt top, I have finally admitted defeat and so am posting the best of a bad bunch.


I am planning on basting this at the weekend as my roll of wadding lives at my Parent's house.  I have some of the extra wide Moda dotty in the grey for the backing.


I still have my EPP to finish, I am miles behind in the projects for the Stitched in Colour Hand stitched class.

I am linking up to the Freshly pieced WIP Wednesday.

28 comments:

  1. Love that ipad cover! The dresden looks fantastic on the newspaper print. Gorgeous!

    I like the idea of a skinny orange border then the Summersville print - it sounds like a good plan to me!

    And Bloom... love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. iPad cover to covet there! Love it. And I think you are spot on with your choices for the BQS mini. Hop to it and get it done then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful ipad cover! And a skinny orange with the bottom Summersville is what I'd be doing! Look forward to seeing how it develops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everything is gorgeous. It makes me wanna sew again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fabulous iPad cover!! And I love your mini, skinny border then Summerville sounds great! Your bloom is really stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DROOOOOOL!!! It's all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go! I love that ipad cover - I want it! That newspaper print is gorgeous. Your mini is looking the goods and I can't wait to see your Bloom done. It is all looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had an ipad, I'd be super happy to dress it in a case like that- Drooooool...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is looking super Kelly - your Bloom quilt be amazing with those dots on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the ipad cover, gray and aqua mini and bloom quilt. all absolutely gorgeous! really. beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the Walk In The Woods dresden - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that Bloom quilt is amazing! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, yay, yay! I love your rainbow bloom and the polka dot fabric is so perfect for the back! We've had dreadful lighting here lately too, it has rained every day for the past two weeks!

    Your block for the swap is awesome. I love the pattern it creates when they are all together. I can't get enough of that newsprint fabric, it looks so good with your dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool Dresden & I love your Brit swap block!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that iPad cover is super cute! I have a nekkid iPad......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work! Love the bloom quilt

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the ipad cover - what a great present! Bloom is looking splendid, as is your BQS mini!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gosh if I ever get an ipad I'll be asking you to make me a cover! beautiful!
    The bloom quilt looks stunning, have fun basting :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Bloom quilt looks so good. As does the iPads cover...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm, makes me want to buy an i-pad and flash it's nekkid-ness at yer, just to get you to make it a case! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. that brit quilt swap block is amazing!!!! you are making some really lovely things

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! That Bloom quilt is something else (and a total credit to your willingness to be patient)- how will you quilt it? Love your bee block too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! The bloom quilt is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything is beautiful! Your bloom quilt is just perfect and I love the gray backing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Dresden is fabulous! Cute iPad cover too

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all your projects! The iPad case is awesome, your friend better appreciate it! PS I read your next post and think you chose the right fabric for the border of the mini quilt. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the ipad cover! And that bloom top is quite impressive. Those are a lot of blades!

    ReplyDelete