7.7.12

Scrappy blossoms

The majority of this week was spent either on a train, in a taxi, hotel room and at the Lowry theatre in Manchester for the big conference in the Transfusion calendar.  I actually learnt a lot and came back with a renewed energy for kicking some clinical arse!

I also learnt how to English paper piece and all without much fuffing, which is pretty good for me ;-)


I got some weird looks when I pulled the giant scissors out of my bag!

I did the majority of basting/piecing in the hotel room and then again on the train on the way home.


Star blossom - week 3 project of Hand stitch class
My star would have stood out better if I had used a mix of solids, but hey ho it's almost done now.

I have also joined up to take part in the Brit quilt swap 3 and after a bit of partner stalking came up with this...


I am still on the fence whether I actually like it or not, all opinions welcome :)

Because this week has been a bit manic I am completely behind in my blog reading, so I am off to catch up before the kidlet nicks the puter back for cbeebies!

13 comments:

  1. love the EPP - very nice! I like the design of the BQS block, but I think it could do with a bit more contrast between the red and the turquoise (might be because of the pink flowers in the FMF). Hard to tell without the rest of the blocks though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo do you have EQ7 or some other nifty block-designing computer tool? I have heard marvellous things about EQ7 but I worry that if I succumbed and bought it, then on top of my sewing and blogging I might have to win the lottery and employ a full time nanny because I would have zero time to look after the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I really like your quilt design but I think you should go with a solid for the red for a bit more contrast and oomph.

    I love that you craft on the train - I wish we had a good rail system like you - but alas if I want to go somewhere then I have to drive. And even with cruise control there's no opportunity for EPPing on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your EPP! I love the design for your swap mini and your fabrics are beautiful - I'd carry on and see what it looks like with more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that sommersville? Love the block and as you know, EPP : ) Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are looking great, though I do think you are right in that a little solids might help the gorgeous fabrics stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you RE; the EPP! and your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the EPP (but don't sew the bottom triangle on that way round!).

    I can see no reason why not to love the swap block, but maybe the turquoise Summersville leaves needs swapping out to something more solid/darker?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The star looks brilliant and I really like your block, the design is very cool. Let me know if you're in manc again and we can meet for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your EPP is gorgeous! I think you need a solid in the swap block - just to pop the other colours out. Also love your giant scissors - reminds me of rushing to catch a national flight on my way to do some contract work and I'd thrown my pencil case into my handbag at the last minute. The small paper scissors inside caused soooooo much consternation with security, I can only imagine how your scissors would have gone down!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your EPP, it's looking fab! Can't wait to see more of your bloom too - its looking gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liking the EEP. Probabily Hadley has solved your block dilemma. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh I love your Star!! And the BQS plan. I think it looks great!! Summerville is such a fun range I love the way you've used it with grey.

    ReplyDelete