10.7.12

I'm on the blooming home run...

Sunday was quilt guild day and the meeting was hosted by the lovely Charlotte, who not only made me cookies and toast but also offered me the pick of her stash to help me with my BQS mini!!  The meeting was as manic as ever, we do like to go off on tangents when we are suppose to be talking guild stuff.

Pretty pretty rainbow!
I took my half finished bloom top with me to show Aneela (who blogged about it here!).  I was all set to sew the third plate down when the lovely Danielle offered to do it for me (that is my story and I'm sticking to it!) ;-)

Danielle stitching away at Charlotte's house
So thanks to Danielle's stirling effort, this morning I added the last plate, I am on the home run!


If only the rest of my week was going so well.  My kidlet burnt his hand on the iron at the weekend, then managed to rip the top layer of skin off today.  My GP kindly wouldn't see us but thankfully the walk-in centre nurses were brilliant.  Add that to the fact that I hit a pot hole yesterday and managed to break something under my car, I can't even get it into the garage until Thursday. I am very aware that these things always come in three's!!!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Yes, Danielle "offered" to do it right enough!

    Crappy potholes, I took out my exhaust once on a particularly vicious one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek on the car :-/
    and yes, Danielle offered. Absolutely. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and sour news always go hand in hand. Good news about your rainbow bloom and Danielle 'volunteering' her skills - bad news about car and your son's hand burn :( Hope he heals quickly - and your car too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bugger all the bad luck. Hope that the car isn't too injured and that the kidlet's hand is soon on the mend - skin intact. The sewing looks fab though. Does Danielle consider travelling around the UK offering up her hand stitching services to all needy quilters?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I hope the kidlet's hand is doing better! As for the car that is something I know all too well. The potholes are horrible here due to all the salt on the roads in the winter. Chin up - you are now I the upswing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the run of bad luck. It's got to be over now! You already know how much I love this quilt! But I'll tell you again. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your day sounds a superb as mine - at least you have a lovely quilt to play with xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color choices on this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bloom is looking AMAZING!!! I hope your luck gets better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely piece of work, here is hoping your lad gets his hand out of trouble soon, and that the car is less bad than you anticipate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! My hand stings just thinking of the iron incident. :(

    On the bright side, your bloom looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh sounds like a bit of a tough week between the iron and the car! Hope things improve quickly.

    Meanwhile the Bloom quilt is looking so delicious and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly - that is an awful pic of me. As I said I had ulterior motives - though seeing how quick I was able to finish appliqueing the ring I might consider making one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt is really going to be awesome. Where will you feature it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the little one is on the mend, bummer about the car too.
    So lucky that Danielle 'offered' to stitch for you, but great stuff getting it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks totally amazing! Hope you steer clear of the third thing :o)

    ReplyDelete