11.7.12

Eureka moment!

By Jove I think she's got it!!

Ever since I made the first block for my BQS3 mini I have hated it.  I knew it was wrong, but couldn't seem to think how to fix it.  I wanted to keep the blue prints in but they just weren't doing it for me.

So this morning I had a dig through my solids and pulled out a similar tone to the Flowery FMF (I haven't checked the Kona card as to what it is yet) and tried the block again....


which I then collaged in Picmonkey to get an idea of what the mini would look like finished (Squinting maybe required here to get the idea!!)


I really hope my partner likes this, because it maybe the first non-rainbow sewing that I really love.

In other news I finished Bloom last night, borders and all.  Just waiting for some decent light to photograph it, I may be waiting some time!!

18 comments:

  1. it's fab!!!! (and all because of the fmf seeds, naturally!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! They look great. And I totally squinted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised at how much I like it too {being another Rainbow Freak}.
    I think how you quilt it will be key too.
    Looking forward to seeing it finished.
    I definitely don't think I am your secret partner in the swap though.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that totally works. Much much better. It will be fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, how many do you have to make? I actually really like them with the fabrics and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really rather good, you know, interesting, but calm too. go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blocks, the blue is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks look great now, great swap out. Can't wait to see the whole Bloom x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they lookgreat - the solid definitely works

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really love it! And I'm busting to see your bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks are perfect now. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great block, I love the design they create when they are all together! I really hope you get decent light soon, I really want to see the finished Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I think that looks a ton better. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!!! Please tell me you've had some sun and have taken photos of Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!! It's brilliant!! If your partner doesn't like it they must be a zombie!! Why is it the weather turns nasty when you really want to photograph something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks wonderful! and even better squinting ;) The blue is perfect, I like it much better!

    ReplyDelete