24.7.12

Blooming close....

but no cigar!

I basted the Bloom quilt whilst I was at the in-laws at the weekend and started quilting it as soon as I got home Sunday night.  Round and round those dresdens I went, up and down from the points until I finally finished it this morning.


I ran up the stairs all excited to lay it out flat and see it all quilted and was so happy, and then I flipped it over.  In three of four corners I have a caught the backing and so it is with a heavy heart that I will spend one of the hottest days of our none existent summer under a mahoosive quilt unpicking!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That is the polite version of what I actually said, very loudly with all the windows open ;-)

16 comments:

  1. I totally understand. It has happened to me also. Good luck with the unpicking. It has to get better from here, right? It looks lovely, though, and will be worth the effort, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet the neighbours love you! What are you going to do for blogpost titles when you finish this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fffffffffff...................aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I know how that feels. Gutted! But it will look completely fabulous when it is all done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no..... hope it doesn't take too long.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh yes, I would have said the same thing. Sorry! :( it will be beautiful though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh shooot! HATE when that happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All said and done.....it will be worth every stitch unpicked....as lovely as this quilt is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arrrrggggg. I know the feeling

    ReplyDelete
  10. bollocks!!!!!!
    (there, I said it for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bugger fuck bollocks! Was that about it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bummer - I have spent tonight unpicking some terrible quilting but at least it was raining as I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaaargh! you poor thing! I hope all the stitch ripping goes smoothly! and that it is not too hard requilting!
    Sympathy hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too funny. I'm sorry for the undoing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I heard you all the way down here in Oz. You have my sympathy! Put on good music, it helps unpicking, and it helps quilting, and the binding , and then it's finished!!

    ReplyDelete