3.7.12

Ariston and on, and on - da da da!

Pretty much sums up my progress on stitching Bloom down, but I have basted the second ring down this morning..


At this rate I have no chance of finishing before the guild meet on Sunday, but I can live with that.

One of the reasons it's taking so long is I keep getting distracted (and work - but the less said about that!) by little embroidery thoughts popping into my head.  I had to act on one on Saturday night, in an attempt to keep me up past 8pm after the night shift.  It turned out very cute...

Geese obsessed!
Now while I am immersed in all things hand stitchery, this weeks lesson is all about English Paper piecing.  I am off on a  jolly very serious work conference in Manchester for two days tomorrow, which I will paying attention too and not dreaming about fabric.  So EPP is the perfect portable project for me, I hope the other train passengers won't mind the sweary words as I attempt it ;-)

Now for a blast from the past that inspired my post title.....


11 comments:

  1. remembered the advert when I read your title....always made me laugh x thanks for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to love that advert! Blast from the past...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are cracking me up with your rainbow geese obsession! Have fun with the EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweary words, you? Never. Have fun with the EPP, it's on my list to have a go too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that geese embroidery - great distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ariston is a new one for me!! I can see where that could get stuck in your head! Your geese embroidery is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your embroidered geese! I hope the conference isn't too tedious but if it is you could sit at the back and EPP away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See I remember the ad, but also the song from before, when it was just a single by Trio!
    Have a fun trip x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Hadley, I remember the song...I was a teenager. Gah. Stitching looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute embroidery! And the bloom quilt will look great when its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you worked the rainbow flying geese into embroidery! I am pretty sure that jingle is going to stuck in my head the rest of the day, thanks a lot ;)!

    ReplyDelete