21.6.12

Stepping out of the box...

Only with a toe and very tentatively!

July's challenge for the LMQG was to create something inspired by a piece of artwork using solids.  There is plenty of rainbow art out there but this is a challenge, so I thought I would push the boat out.

I googled geometric art and found this ...

Source: http://www.ljacanvasart.co.uk/Geometric/Canvas-Art-Print/350
and from that I chose these solids from my stash...


and came up with this.....


It is so not me, but I kind of like it.  Now to turn it into a cushion or mini??

Talking of mini's, my lovely friend Charlotte made this beauty for me and as soon as I can get my hands on some dowling it will be hanging up in my sewing space.

Anyone would think I love rainbows!!


Look at those teeny tiny HST!!
Thank you Charlotte I LOVE it!! xx

As of today I have three hellishly long days at work, I will re-surface again on Sunday morning to catch up with all blog reading. See you then ;-)

18 comments:

  1. oooh, love the Mondrian-type block! I am very impressed with your nice straight narrow strips. And you are welcome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LMQG interpretation!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh more gorgeousness.
    Brilliant interpretation and fab mini pressie.
    I think the first would look great as a cushion.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky you! I was admiring charlotte's mini the other day (it is so you!) Love your challenge quilt, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the minis - the one you made and the one you received. Best of luck on your shifts. If it all gets you down then just think of me in a freaking tent in the Lake District under duress at the best of times, but in this weather?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! That was for you! Lucky girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top block reminds me of the Partridge Family bus, but that's probably dating myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your mini is fabulous and very creative!! I think it would make a great cushion or wallhanging....great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Mondrian block - and that mini is fantastic, you must be pleased it was for you! Perfect for your sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mondrian, and Charlotte - both fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Mondrian-esque block! Reminds me I have a Mondrian-esque quilt top to piece for a graduation present.

    Lovely mini, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your block is lovely! I am most impressed! would that not make a lovely 'man quilt'? yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks, and I'm way behind on your posts, that bloom is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your block looks great, very bold :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You brave soul! Your block is great : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. good for you - very fun!! I think your block is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your block is awesome! I may have to take this idea and present it to our MQG as a challenge idea. I think it would look great as a mini.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am pleased to nominate your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award. You can find out more about it on my blog today here http://lizofdandeliondaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award.html
    I can't wait to hear your 7 things about you.
    Kind regards
    Liz
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete