27.6.12

Slowly slowly catchy Monkey!

After my whinge yesterday, I decided to cheer myself up with some geese.  I am taking part in a name badge swap in the LMQG, so we don't have to wear white sticky labels for every meet.  As I am taking part (slowly) in the Stitched in Colour Hand stitched class, I thought I would try out my newly learnt back stitch. 

I had a little practice first.....

Why I chose to print out this font for it escapes me!


Then I braved my skills on the paper pieced badge...

I added the 5p piece so you can get an idea of scale - tiny geese!
Not a bad first effort, and a lot better than getting ink everywhere stamping it on.  So I just have to put a back on this and make a lanyard to finish it off now.

This morning I basted the first giant dresden down and machine stitched the inner circle.  Kidlet allowing I shall spend the rest of the day (read week) whipstitching it down.

Even standing on the chair I wasn't tall enough to get it all in!

 I also ticked a few other things of my to-do list including my LMQG July challenge, a bee block for my month of the Kinky bee and all my fabrics ready to send out to my bee buddies.


Not a bad weeks progress really.  Linking up with Freshly pieced WIP wednesday.

19 comments:

  1. I am going to try to come along to the next LMQG meeting - is it Sunday 8th? On Flickr it still says 1st but I'm sure I have read 8th somewhere else (maybe LMQG blog). Anyway, I shall bring my FQR name tag to avoid the sticky label issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the 8th, at my house! Please do come - there might be cookies ;-)

      Delete
  2. teeeeeeny geese! so cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is one ginormous dresden. I love the color combo. I'm adding dresdens to my to do list. My list is getting so long. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tiny geese, the badge is so cute. So is the embroider and that giant dresden. Much cuteness here, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That huge dresden is going to be AMAZING! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. how big is that!! Love it though xxlol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool stitching Kelly - mini geese, hand done letters - woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous name badge, lucky Jen! I love the tiny geese! I was hoping to come along this month but it clashes with a trip up North :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the name badge..I need to make one of those also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent progress there! So much on and all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so productive! I need to get busy on my list. I cannot wait to see the dresden all finished. It is going to be amazing! All that whipstitching will take awhile, but just think ... 1. you will be really good at it when your done and 2. you will be really proud of all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that is the tryannosaurus rex of dresdens! Here's wishing you all the patience in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be so difficult to sew those teensy blocks....love them. And your dresden is so beautiful. I have a soft spot for dresdens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little name tag! The teeny tiny geese are fab.

    As for your Dresden - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous stitching! Your Dresden is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the name tag and the Dresden - have fun with the appliqué!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is going to take some stitching! Whew!

    ReplyDelete